Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New smallholder show for Scotland  (Read 163874 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
New smallholder show for Scotland
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:21 am »
 :excited: :excited: :excited:

When we first raised the possibility of running a special event for smallholders in Scotland, our plan was to alternate the venue between Forfar and Lanark. For lots of reasons, we've decided to fix the Festival at the end of September at Lanark.

This left us feeling that we'd let the north of Scotland down - although some wonderful people from the north made their way to Lanark this year. You know who you are and we  :love: you.

We're now delighted to announce that the first Scottish Smallholder and Grower "Spring Fling" will take place at Thainstone Agricultural Centre, Inverurie on Saturday 31st May 2014. (This is a temporary date because our preferred date was unavailable - in 2015, the Fling will be on Saturday 16th May).

The event will have a similar format to the "Festival" with livestock classes, poultry and waterfowl show, breed societies, craft classes, craft and food fair, trade stands and a programme of demonstrations and seminars aimed at smallholders, crofters and growers.

We (Dan, Karen, Martin and I) are very excited and we hope that you will be too and will come along and support the event.

If you have any suggestions about what you'd like to see and do, now's the time to let us know; if you can offer any assistance, please do. :thumbsup:

The SS&G Festival will take place at Lanark Agricultural Centre on Saturday 27th September 2014  :farmer:

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: New smallholder show for Scotland
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:37:03 am »
 :thumbsup:

I Look forward to it , classes for Milkers possible? and Entire males?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:05 am »
 :excited: :excited:  I could combine that with visiting my old haunts!  :innocent: :excited: :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:02:39 am »
Just need a like button really  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:28:54 am »
excellent news  :excited:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 10:45:05 am »
Yippie  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  I won't need my satnav for that one  :excited:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:12 am »
wow nearly 3hrs, oh well i suppose i better get planning my adventure to thainstone now then...

looked at map that's well in to the bit marked here be dragons on my map!!! (never been that far north)

will i need my passport???  :excited: :excited: :excited:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:55 am »
wow nearly 3hrs, oh well i suppose i better get planning my adventure to thainstone now then...

looked at map that's well in to the bit marked here be dragons on my map!!! (never been that far north)

will i need my passport???  :excited: :excited: :excited:
Don't worry, I'll go with you - I'll protect you from the dragons - after all I am a Master Dragoness :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 11:18:50 am »
Hurrah!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trophy: :trophy:

Thankyou!!! We'll be there!! (if our unreg girls are allowed!). Will let my ram owner lady know too, she's very small scale def smallholder and might well want to come  :thumbsup:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »
That is great news, although it is a long way for us, that is a time of year when we can maybe even manage to get away for a couple of days, very exciting.  Also good to know the Lanark date, so I can make sure it doesn't clash with our highland pony event, hooray!

smithycraft

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »
Excellent news.  We were disappointed we couldn't get there this year because it was too far.

The problem with being a smallholder, is that you can't leave the smallholding unattended for very long to go to a smallholder show!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 01:13:47 pm »
How exciting  :excited: will look forward to it.

marka

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Moray, NE Scotland
  • www.facebook.com/WellsideCroft
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:58 pm »

Great news and local as well ! :excited:
Castlemilk Moorit sheep and Belted Galloway cattle, plus other hangers on.

Auld Cairnallochy

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »
Great news, well done Smallholder Committee. Lets make it a real Highland Fling.

morayjohny

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 09:35:27 pm »
Great news, already put in diary.  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS