Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wales!!!!!!!!!  (Read 13276 times)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
Wales!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:33:16 pm »
There seems to be alot of people with either connections or actualy from or living in wales.  ;)
Who are you all, where are you all, and what do you all do?

I'm Dan, i'm in borth, and have sheep a couple of horses,dexter cattle, and 8 dogs oh yeh and 2 pigs, 4 children and the OH!!

your turn next ;D
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

rustyme

Re: Wales!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:38:16 am »
Russ here,
            from Pontsian , 3 horses , 4 dogs and hope later to get some sheep a couple of piggies and maybe a cow or two. Oh and not to forget the veggie plot ....

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:29:43 am »
Well we're not there yet, but hope I'm allowed to join in.....with fingers crossed ::)   All being well, we SHOULD be in Blaenwaun just outside St. Clears.

I'm Mandy and currently have 2 horses, 4 ponies (3 for sale!), 5 Pigs (plus remains of 2 litters!), 3 sheep, 3 goats, 3 geese, 25 various hens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and the OH.    Hoping to get a few Ryelands or Dorset Down (haven't made up my mind yet) once we're settled and also a couple of cattle for beef.  Just can't wait. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Ray

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:45:07 pm »
Ray here,

Penrhiwllan with 12 sheep plus lambs, 1 cow and 6 young bulls, 3 pigs, various chickens, all pure breeds in pairs or trios, 6 hives of bees, 2 cats, and 1 dog. 5 children, 3 living at home.

Recommendation for sheep breed is Lleyns. They are fantastic. Good feet and lamb with very little help.

Ray

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:52:24 pm »
Ah now .... someone else has recommended Lleyns.   Now I've got THREE breeds to consider ! ??? ::)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:04:34 pm »
Jump in it the deep end blinkers :o  know of some very small pure 100000% welsh ewes and lambs ::) live in the middle of snowdonia and they very rarely see traffik, or humans.  He he ;D muggins here volunteered to shear them in return for lambs!!!!  OMG wotta game :P gotta catch um first, very small and pure, lovely meat, and for sale at the catching price ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:11:34 pm by danndans »

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:35 pm »
Russ here,
            from Pontsian , 3 horses , 4 dogs and hope later to get some sheep a couple of piggies and maybe a cow or two. Oh and not to forget the veggie plot ....

What cows are you thinking of russ? Ive got good old dexters, but highlands seem to be popping up all over the place at the mo :)

Dan

rustyme

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 12:56:39 am »
I would ideally go for red rubies , but they seem to be going for huge amounts at the moment , so would go for welsh blacks maybe, or anything cheap ???? Highlands would be fine if they were cheap enough ....I only want a couple of cows, Jerseys for lovely milk,  (I missed one for 50 quid only the other day) , Welsh Black for meat.   Bull calfs could be any number well upto 10 max at the moment . Years ago I got chased by an irate dexter bull , he nearly outran me ...4 leg drive in mud works better than 2 ... ;D These days there would be no point in me even trying to run ...In my mind I go like the six million dollar man (in fast motion) in reallity I go like him in the slow motion bit....and the creakey bones sound like the noise that went with it as he moved...
 oh well .. ;)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 06:38:49 am »
you can get the odd dexter a bit like that! I had a 7month old bulluck, he would eye me up across the field and that was it >:( hed come at me head down and meaningful! Booked him in on a oneway trip, went to get him in from the field, and yes before you ask, humans can fly without wings ::)  ok granted theyre not very big, but there a good match when your not even 5ft yourself! He had me over the fence before i new it, ripped jeans and shredded pride :o Got away lightly realy. took longer to suss out how the hell was i gunna get out the field past him! Went back with two quads then, :) I had the last laff, onewaytrip, killed, hung for three weeks, back in bags and yummi sunday dinner!!!! ;D what a nice ending to the story ;D

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:16:03 am »
And you're trying to sell me one of these lovely little creatures  ::) ::) ::) - I'll want a guarantee  ;) they I won't end up 6' in the air with no wings  :o :o

WALES - SWAP SHOP - Not that we're there yet............but.......if anyone has any beef that they'd like to swap for some pork, we'd be interested.  We're not gonna have any money so it'll be carrots, potatos, strawberries etc  8) :) :) :)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:24:27 am »
HAHA Blinkers ;D Dont start getting funny about it, i wont let you have a raw deal ::)

I'll sell you a set of wings to go with it ;D ;D

You never know it could start to be the new craze?

From moo to moon :-\?

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:47:35 am »
Great stuff - Look forward to receiving the 'wings' - This isn't some kind of weird initiation into a Welsh way of life is it  :o :o :o?

www.glynelwyn.co.uk

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:56:42 am »
uuuurrrrrmmmm???????? wellllll? must go animals to check!!!!!!!!!! ;D

rustyme

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:23:53 pm »
well most of us get by on a wing and a prayer so maybe it is ... ::)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 01:36:57 pm »
very true russtyme :) maybe i should start selling wings on ebay?  ;D ;D now were did i see those daddy long legs?   :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS