Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Checking  (Read 1595 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Checking
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:30 pm »
This is my first time with cattle and they are going on the 24th nov.  Just want to check if there is anything I need to do before I can take them ?
I am guessing they just move with their passports with no other movement needed ?
 Can we travel them in a double horse box as we only have the sheep trailer or the horse box  :-\
Any advice would be great as we don't want any last minute problems
Graham

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Checking
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »
Better check with the abattoir about the trailer, since there won't be any stock gates on your horse box.

You need to take the passports and notify CTS on line then update your herd register.

jacoblambuk

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »
Hi you can move them with your double horsebox i moved 2 fully grown highland cattle with a horsebox but do you have hurdles for loading and unloading take there pasports and when you return you can either phone cattle movement or e mail them to tell them your cows have moved off your holding you don't have to tell them where they have moved to.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:50:05 pm »
Thanks will check about box if there is a  problem I am sure our neighbour will lend us his cattle trailer
Graham

domsmith

• Joined Aug 2012
  • sanquhar, dumfries and galloway
    • sunnyside farm
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:11:04 pm »
Wishaw abattoir requires an FCI declaration to accompany all cattle. just to say they are free from vet drugs.

d

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS