Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Borders Group RARE BREEDS this Sun  (Read 4078 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Borders Group RARE BREEDS this Sun
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:02:18 am »
Formation of an RBST Borders Group this Sunday 27th October at 2pm at the village pub with the thatched roof in Cornhill on Tweed.

Come along if you have or are interested in rare breeds and are in the area, it's always nice to know who has what and to help circulate livestock.

I understand there will be cake  :yum:  and it won't take up too much time for all us busy smallholders - consider it 'investment time' folks!

All the best, see you there hopefully.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Borders Group RARE BREEDS this Sun
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »
I hope you get lots of support. I've found being a member of the Caledonian group great fun and really useful for information and networking.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:36:54 pm »
About a dozen or so of rare breeders there today with a good talk by Ruth Dalton and a promising start with members keeping in touch with what breeds they have to make accessing livestock easier.  Hopefully the start of something which looks like it will be helpful and make the rare breeds accessible.  :fc:
Thanks to Ruth for putting in the groundwork.  :thumbsup:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:18:42 pm »
Honestly, I am so dozy, just saw this now or I would have been there, I am only 20 minutes from Cornhill.  Would like to get involved in future.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:30:52 am »
Honestly, I am so dozy, just saw this now or I would have been there, I am only 20 minutes from Cornhill.  Would like to get involved in future.
Same here... just saw this this morning...
How do  I get on the mailing list?

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »
It's a loose arrangement at the moment.  Ruth has asked a young local lass called Kate from Hawick to co-ordinate everything and she has kindly agreed.  I think the plan is to contact Rosemary and Dan for a little help in getting things out there, but it will all happen, be patient. 

If there is any other news I will make sure to contact you with personal messages.  We didn't get as far as agreeing to regular meetings or the like.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:38 pm »
It's a loose arrangement at the moment.  Ruth has asked a young local lass called Kate from Hawick to co-ordinate everything and she has kindly agreed.  I think the plan is to contact Rosemary and Dan for a little help in getting things out there, but it will all happen, be patient. 

If there is any other news I will make sure to contact you with personal messages.  We didn't get as far as agreeing to regular meetings or the like.
Thanks.

Susannah

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Pencaitland
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:58 pm »
Could I be kept informed too please, I have only just seen this as well!
Thanks.
Fu
Jacob sheep, Shetland cows, Pygmy goats, Chinese geese, Khaki Campbell ducks.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 10:16:40 am »
course fu!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 07:35:34 pm »
Looks like this is going to take off - well done to all involved  :thumbsup:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
Susannah and Anke or any others interested - Kate has put a new thread on for you to tap into  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS