Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rare Breed Survival Trust Borders Group  (Read 2311 times)

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Hawick, Scottish Borders
Rare Breed Survival Trust Borders Group
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »
Hiya

I see that there has been some chatter on here already about the formation of the RBST's Borders Support Group! That's good to see  :)

Hopefully a group will be established over the coming months. So if you are a member of the RBST and interested in finding out more about Borders Support Group, or if you are interested in finding out more about the RBST, then please get in touch, my details are at the bottom of this message.
Currently we are trying to get a list of members, with their contact details and what stock, (if any), that they keep. This list will be circulated within the group and will hopefully be a valuable resource allowing members to help and advise each other. And hopefully there will be a good social element within the group too!  ;D

For more information of the Rare Breed Survival Trust, check out their website, (https://www.rbst.org.uk/), or contact Ruth Dalton, who is the Northern Field Officer for the RBST, her details can be found on the contact page of the website.

Hope all that made sense!?

A note for anyone who was at the meeting on the 27th of October in Etal...if you think anything should be added to this message please add comments.

Cheers

Kate Graham
email:- phar_lap@tiscali.co.uk
mobile:- 07791117425

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Rare Breed Survival Trust Borders Group
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:24:00 am »
 :thumbsup:  I'll alert the couple of people who made contact previously and send them on to you Kate.    ;)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:20 am »
It would be good to know where meetings will be.  We are RBST members and live near Biggar, so travelling cross-country from there to say Etal, is not very convenient for regular meetings.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

shankendfarming

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Hawick, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 03:28:58 pm »
Hi

Currently no more meetings have been planned. Etal was used as our first meeting place as Lord Joicey had expressed an interest in a Borders Group and said that he could provide a venue if it would be of any use.

If we do get a group up and running it may be that different locations are used for meetings as trying to find somewhere central to cover such a large region is going to be hard. Farm visits/walks were also suggested as something that we could do and if that does come to pass then there might be something that its quite as far for you to come if you were interested.

If you are interested then please send me an email, (phar_lap@tiscali.co.uk) with your contact details, (name, phone number, email address and what livestock you keep), and I can send you information as and when I know about it. And if you want I can put your details onto our list of "members" which will be circulated amongst the group.

Thanks
Kate

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS