Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farmhouse, outbuildings,3 acres, with B&B potential Normandy  (Read 5861 times)

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
Farmhouse, outbuildings,3 acres, with B&B potential Normandy
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:49 am »

Back on the market due to a Bank Loan problem.

Farmhouse with 4 double bed rooms, outbuildings/barns and 3 acres many fruit trees/veg plot in Normandy France only one hour ferry to UK and beautiful beaches.

Fullest details and photo's available

e mail mervgouldfr@aol.com or phone 0033233651782

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: Farmhouse, outbuildings,3 acres, with B&B potential Normandy
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:08 am »

Sorry forgot a most important thing the price £185000 sterling.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:48:51 pm »
That is very expensive, there are some lovely holdings in France for a lot less money, and more land, I was looking at one yesterday 11 ha, 4 bed , barns, €139,000, not £'s

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:06:20 pm »
How can you possibly value a property whilst sitting at your computer, there are possible small holding near here from €85000 to €300000 each valued by local immobiliers with years of experience.

Fully renovated with Bed and breakfast potential, the rooms are ready. Double Glazing Central Heating, Fosse up to new standards plus space for animals a very productive veg garden etc and valued at more than we are asking.
But we are looking for a quick sale due to long term  illness in the family back in UK

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
I can not even see it on my computer never mind vale it.

maybe you should post some photos or a link to tempt people.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
Thanks MAK All those that e mail me direct will get the fullest details/photographs and cadastral plan. I have tried to attach photos on this forum without success. If you have already contacted before 22/10 you should have received a reply

mervgouldfr@aol.com

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 12:13:59 pm »
Thanks Dan for your enquiry I have e mail you.

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 12:43:39 pm »

Dan, Thank you for the kind remarks in your email, yes it is a lovely house and it is in a tranquil setting with no neighbours, we will really miss it.

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 01:24:26 pm »
That is very expensive, there are some lovely holdings in France for a lot less money, and more land, I was looking at one yesterday 11 ha, 4 bed , barns, €139,000, not £'s
France is a big place and like GB, with property prices ranging from very cheap through to ridiculously expensive.
Anything within easy access of "La Manche", and this extends into Brittany, is likely to attract a premium over similar properties 2 or more hours travel inland.

Without seeing photographs, Welshy's place seems very reasonably priced for the size, location, and future workability.
An 11 ha property elsewhere at a cheaper price, might prove to be a nightmare to a would be Brit purchaser with ideas of living the good life, with French bureaucracy actively preventing the purchaser from farmering.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:37 pm »

Thank you Midtown, you have put it better that I could

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 11:01:24 am »

Thank you for your email John I hope I have sent you all that you required

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 11:05:38 am »
Indeed, we are selling our house considerably cheaper than houses less than 3 miles away, location location location

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 11:47:10 am »

Thank you for all your inquires, some of you have asked if we make cider,  No we don't but we have the ingredients on site and a lovely cider house with a cider press still intact, so it would be perfectly possible to make cider and perry.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 10:09:00 am »
Hi Merv. Thanks for the pictures. The place looks lovely - and I love the fact that the land surrounds the house. Am emailing them to my son this morning. All the best, Liz.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

welshy

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 05:41:24 pm »
In answer to several e mails.  The house in on mains water but we have a well used for watering veg plot, and it has never dried up and we have had a couple of very dry summers.
The 3 double bed-roomed  section of house is separated by a staircase to main bedroom and en suite bathroom, so ideal for B&B
 The land was grazed by cows until 7 years ago.
The veg plot is south facing and protected from the north by wall and trees and is very productive. the fruit we grow include strawberries,raspberries,blackberries red currant and gooseberry  plums apples and cider apples and pears.
The pond New in 2006 is teaming with wild life.
Lastly the natives are very friendly
Hope that helps

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS