Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dingwall Rare Breeds sale  (Read 6043 times)

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
Dingwall Rare Breeds sale
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »
Dingwall Rare Breeds sale 2nd November, Entries close on Fri also new Zwartble section this year and Highland cattle dispersal.Always promises a good family day out  :)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Dingwall Rare Breeds sale
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:48:55 pm »
You are no wrong I always like this sale have filled in my entry form to post tomorrow , bit of a journey for me but it's a nice drive to a lovely part of the country.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:51:54 pm »
You are no wrong I always like this sale have filled in my entry form to post tomorrow , bit of a journey for me but it's a nice drive to a lovely part of the country.

Pop in for a cuppa when you pass here  :)

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
Yes admittedly a trek from Dunblane as well with 12 sheep and 20 chickens and pair of geese. I will be like Noahs ark going up the A9  :)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 01:17:04 pm »
Won't be going now they sent my entry fee back poultry entries full and I only had some geese and turkeys for sale. I could still sell my sheep if I wanted, don't think so to far for to little.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »
Crikey ive never heard of one being full before!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »
Changed my mind after looking at the poultry catalogue, I am now going.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »
Changed my mind after looking at the poultry catalogue, I am now going.

Good for you  :thumbsup:  :chook:  :chook:  :chook:

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 10:07:40 pm »
we were desperate to go this one but sod's law we are doing a christmas market in Elphin the same day  :(

maybe it's no bad thing as himself was looking to come home with a dexter!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:58 pm »
Crikey ive never heard of one being full before!

Dingwall poultry fills up quick, not as big as thainstone. My kids love that Mart as we go to colloden on the way home. :thumbsup:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:59 am »
Mine was sent back too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,There was serton folk that had a lot of stock and they took 30 pens its a nice sale but small if you live north or west its not worth going to thainstone so you do dingwall cheapest pens and a good crowd .My stock will be going Carlie dingwall march unless i get a sale ,I hope to see some folk there will be some from mull Orkney Shetland etc .

Auld Cairnallochy

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »
The RBST Northetrn Scotland group will be there. It doesn't cost anything to join the group who have a very exciting event that they would like to be at in the Highland next year. If you would like to help please get in touch with us during the sale for more details.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 07:35:28 pm »
Well then who went and what did you think. I sold some sheep and bought a couple of trios of bantams a long day never saw so many highland cattle at a sale before, Zwarble sheep the size of a small pony. Large queues for lunch, a real buzz about the place friendly people and the marts staff were great.

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:28 am »
We went and had a lovely day. Good food and a friendly crowd. We weren't selling, just buying. The sale was over saturated with highland cattle but they were a magnificent sight! Ducks went for low prices but chickens sold well. A few no shows as always - always seems to be the ones I'm interested in!  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS