Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Two pedigree kunekune sows, North Hampshire Berkshire border  (Read 1443 times)

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Two pedigree kunekune sows, North Hampshire Berkshire border
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »
I am sadly having to cut down on my pigs due to moving house/new land unsuitable for pigs and going to university.

I am able to run my sheep but unable to run both my pigs and sheep so sending 5 pigs off to slaughter but these two are both very special to me.

I really want them to go to a lovely breeding home, so price is not important to me but I don't want to offer them for free as I would hate to see them go for meat. :(

In an ideal world I would find a farm who would take them for me for 2 years and then give them back afterwouds, but its just not going to happen.

Crumpet is 3 years old and Kiri is 1, Crumpet is a jenny line sow, bred by High park in Hampshire, she has had 3 litters, (7 piglets, 11 piglets and 10 piglets)

Kiri is a Kereopa line sow who was bred by little blessings in Norfolk, she has had one litter of 7 but she also adopted some of crumpets piglets and fed them aswel!

Both pigs are very very friendly and need to be in a field/forest not just a tiny pig pen, they have not rooted on my land since two winters ago, they both farrowed last in april this year and I was going to put them back into pig but then didn't know what was happening in the future so I held it off.

Both are in lovely condition and ready to go to the boar now.

They both are used to living off grazing/apples/hay and do well on it! sheep/dog/child friendly

I have loads of photos of them on my facebook that I will put up here later.

Will be very sad to let my piggies go, but hopefully in a couple of years time I can get more land and space and then will go back to keeping piggies :)

my email address is duckberry@gmail.com

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Re: Two pedigree kunekune sows, North Hampshire Berkshire border
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »
Here is Kiri

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
Re: Two pedigree kunekune sows, North Hampshire Berkshire border
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 03:58:08 pm »
and here is crumpet (left)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS