Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mushroom Growing  (Read 5105 times)

rustyme

Mushroom Growing
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:15:19 am »
hello all,
           found this site, and thought there would be enogh interest in the subject , to justify a posting exclusively on it !!

http://www.mykoweb.com/articles/cultivation.html

The above link covers actually making the medium in which to produce mushrooms from a section of mushroom rather than just spawn . It looks like a very good site , but I can't comment on wether the process's described work , as I have not tried them myself.  I have grown a few different types of mushroom over the years and I hope to grow those already tried and a few new ones , on a more regular basis . With just a very small amount of work you can be self sufficient in all types of mushroom and as you will see on the link it isn't really rocket science to achieve either... Hope it is of interest to some of you . Cheers Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Mushroom Growing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »
i think one to add to my todo list, not sure where to put it in my garden lol

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Mushroom Growing
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:30 pm »
if i remember correctly it was either gardeners world or beechgrove garden did simiilar to this but they used old box etc as the base medium.
Linz

Oh just had an idear can we use the contents of the cups an platesthat are in teenagers bedroom????

they normally have leggs on them so they can walk in to the garden on their own.
hehe
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 05:04:04 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS