Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rant... about the DSA  (Read 2280 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Rant... about the DSA
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:40:55 pm »
Grrrr!  Need to have a moan, if you don't mind   >:(

Had my umpteenth driving test booked for friday - I'm a good driver but get very nervous on test with a stranger sitting there in almost silence, speaking only to bark out orders "take the next left" etc.  I like to chat abit when Im driving, but anyway, I felt really ready this time and managed to fit in loads of practice beforehand.

They rang on Thursday, examiner off sick, test cancelled, cant rebook because computer system crashed, will write to me.
Letter today, rebooked for 6 weeks away, when I'm back at work, middle of the day, everyone that knew will think I've failed again
Cant look at other slots online because I have a test already booked, cant phone them up because its Saturday.

So still can't go and do all the things I wanted to over my holiday, husband too ill to drive, stuck with L plates til goodness knows when.

Grrrr.   (thanks for reading, I feel better already)
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Rant... about the DSA
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:26:54 pm »
What a bummer!  Hope you can reschedule and best of luck fro teh next time.  I took a couple of paracetamols before my test on my uncle's advice and it just seemed to settle my colly wobbles.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Rant... about the DSA
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:12:24 pm »
i know what you mean, it took me 3 times due to my nerves the last time the driver tester said these word 'would you like your instructor, to hear you results' . I was nearly in tears and had to take my asthma inhaler , and he said well i have to tell you that i am 'please to tell you you have pass' i nearly kissed the guy lol.

I know it's hard to get their but what i found help me it to get the test route from the website and either go out and follow the route or what i did was go on to googlemap and follow it that way. What i found was that i got familiar with the streets and it reduced my nerves. I also had a Hole bag of imperial mints which i was stucking on all the way through to test lol.

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS