Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: William is not Happy !  (Read 1980 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
William is not Happy !
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »
Alfie the Billy Kid was originally  in the Pen beside William until he jumped over and so has shared Williams for the last 6 weeks is going to his new home tonight  :-\
Alfie came away from William this morning and William is not a Happy lad  :( He has Sreamed the place down all day , Jumped out of his shed and even broke out of the Paddock when we put him out ( Neither he has done before).
Its not like he is alone as he has 3 Wethers in the next Pen to him.
Any advice how to calm him down as he is not even eating, his breakfast is still there and his hay rack still full  :o
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: William is not Happy !
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »
I think that may be controversial, but Kaolin has got morphine in it.... and I have used it to calm (goat)kids down when they are squitty and scared out of their wits at a show... it works

Ahemm... got any hemp leaves :innocent: ... sorry no real advice here, but commiserations. I have sold goats just recently and felt quite bereft myself (but I didn't break out of my shed).

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »
Thanks Anke  no Hemp here  ::)   He is still doing his crumpet ! I am hoping once Alfie goes William will settle down as Alfie is shouting aswell
I hate seeing kids go but 7.30pm cant come quick enough  :-\
Graham

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »
rose oil - aromatherapy - wafted around noses, not too close.  www.fionahabershon.com - great lady who helped me with fighting goats - she might give a bit of email advice

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »
It will be better once Alfie has gone- If William can hear him but isn't with him he'll keep on trying to get to him. He will still call for a couple of days, but should stop trying to escape once Alfie is gone. Goats do form incredible bonds.

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:49:32 am »
Thanks for the advice, He is out today with the wethers and touch wood he is staying put. He does keep coming to the gate and shouting but not as bad as last night.
He has no bond what so ever with the wethers but Alfie from day 1 they where attached at the hip
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS