Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Well its a start !  (Read 7859 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Well its a start !
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »
Well its a start but only a start. Its our first ever  attempt at constructing and running a website. There's nothing on it at the moment but please do keep popping in to see how things are developing. Constructive criticism and advice will be much appreciated. I've got loads of ideas and not a clue how to implement them. :excited:
http://www.ourcider.co.uk/
Its going to take some time and head scratching to get it as we like, so bear with us. I love the fact that the package comes with a built in blog..

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Well its a start !
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:09 am »
Thanks for the good wishes folks. :roflanim:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
good luck  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:26:53 am »
It's got a lovely fresh feel to the pages   :thumbsup:

Might I suggest perhaps also placing the events on the front page  until you get going. My first impression was of an empty site and took all the clicks to the last one ( events ) before getting anything up.
If the first page has something on it encourages a further investigation  :eyelashes:

It looks like a promising site, good luck with it  :horse:

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 10:09:56 am »
Good idea.

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »
I like the look of it, but you've gotta get something on the front page - even just to say welcome and keep looking as we put more content on...

Ps, love Morfa Nefyn!

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:03:40 am »
Done that . :farmer:

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 10:25:07 am »
Looking good!  I think instead of the photo with the flowers on as a banner you could crop the picture of you two next to the van.

Keep up the good work.

ps - do you know of anywhere near you guys where I could run a holiday camp for disabled kids over the summer holidays next year?  I'd need space for a few big tents and a couple of cars. I've used the campsite up by the golf course before, but it gets really busy and the other kids just stare at my clients...

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 01:40:54 pm »
There's a very similar camp for able bodied kids that's held every summer just off the main road between Nefyn and Morfa Nefyn. I'm not sure which organization runs it but the site could fit the bill. I'll see if I can get you some contact details. It might be worth you asking.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 03:20:30 pm »
There's not a TAS link  :gloomy:  How did the Cider weekend go?

Maybe more photos and descriptions of your apples in both teh cider and apple juice pages.  Is this done with WEBS?  I do all of my websites on it.

www.aberdon.org.uk
www.lothianandbordersgundogs.co.uk
www.centralscotlandsmallholders.org.uk
www.ukbrittanyrescueandrehoming.webs.com
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:25:45 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 04:07:50 pm »
Don't worry about the lack of photos, there'll be loads of those and plenty of information too. The website hasn't been activated for a week yet. ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:09 pm »
You asked for comments.  I gave you the websites I've done - some of them, to give you an idea what I did.  I did these on webs.  What are you using?

TAS link?  Local Smallholder association link?  Videos - apple picking; fruit press in action?

Blogs are good, but you need to keep them up - I've got myself in a snarl with mine as I just don't have time.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 04:57:47 pm »
Excellent, I've loved seeing your photos around the cider making on here (barrels etc) so great to see a website. We'll be going into production in a couple of years, so will be watching with interest and coming to pick your brains.  :) :thumbsup:

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:41 pm »
I'll look forward to it Dan.
The apple picking and pressing season is about to begin, so this time around I'll make sure that the camera gets some use. :fc:

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
There's a very similar camp for able bodied kids that's held every summer just off the main road between Nefyn and Morfa Nefyn. I'm not sure which organization runs it but the site could fit the bill. I'll see if I can get you some contact details. It might be worth you asking.

That would be great, yes please!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS