Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: survivors  (Read 3931 times)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
survivors
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:03:30 pm »
Have just started watching this series on hard drive......classic! If it comes true we're all fecked! If I were in the U.K. i'd have battoned down the hatches long ago. Has anyone noticed the people who have stopped posting (dramatic music) !!!!!

rustyme

Re: survivors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:14:05 pm »
is it the old 1970's one ?  It is way better than the remake last year !!!! It must have been cold when Abbey was playing tennis..... :o ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:07:05 pm »
Naw, it's the re-make. The other one makes me cringe and giggle. Please God LET me be the only one!!

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »
lol... yes the old one has dated a tad....but it was from my era , so I can handle it . I do like the remake , just prefer the old one. The second series of the new one should be on TV soon too !!! looking forward to that .

cheers

Russ

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 09:22:48 pm »
Assuming any of us are still alive!   ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »
I can't watch scary things like that.  I always have a bucket of sand at the ready. ;) ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:42:07 pm »
lol... or fingers in the ears singing la la la la la la ..... ::) ;D ;D... you should watch it, then watch No Blade of  Grass , then Soylent Green , then, The Last Man on Earth, or Omega Man ,or I am Legend (all based on the book 'I Am Legend' by Richard Matheson ) .....fingers at the ready ...la la la la la la la la ...... ::) ::) ;D

cheers

Rusty ....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 09:44:15 pm »
Nope, don't want to know!  If a big bomb heads for Scotland me and my dogs will be right under it! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 10:00:57 pm »
Rustyme did you ever see the alternative ending of 'I am legend'?

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 10:05:02 pm »
I liked the original series of survivors far better than the new one. I still watched the new one though! Haven't seen No blade of grass, though I saw you post about it before rustyme- might try and find a version somewhere.

Beth

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:58 am »
The orginal series is far better. It does not take long until you are into it.  You will also notice that there is no music during the programme. This infact adds to the tension. Ok, its a little rough around the edges in some episodes, due to the fact that several directors where used. 

The new series is far too neatly packaged for me. Watchable, yes, believable no.

Kevin

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 07:23:25 am »
 " It must have been cold when Abbey was playing tennis."

No Russ, they were ping pong balls she was keeping on her for later.

Kevin

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:00 am »
Is this the one from the 70s when the flu got them all

rustyme

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 03:24:56 pm »
yep thats the one HM ,
           it is available on DVD now . It has many faults (as all tv progs do ) such as they all have nice clean clothes all the time , perfectly cut hair all the time , and always look as though they just jumped out of the bath . Apart from or in spite of , these faults  , it is still a good program , if you can stand 'doom and gloom' progs ???.     

cheers

Russ       

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 05:53:08 pm »
Rustyme did you ever see the alternative ending of 'I am legend'?
?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS