Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fantastic viewing  (Read 16685 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Fantastic viewing
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 08:43:56 am »
Awwww.....bless.   All the very very best to you and here's hoping that "what will be, will be" WILL BE. :thumbsup:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:47 am »
Sounds very promising and I wish you luck with it.

But I can't believe nobody else has asked yet, how many acres has it and what will you do with them?  I mean, nice neighbours yes can't get on without them, work prospects, great, you will need the income and work contacts are amazing to find, but what about the LAND?!!  :D
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 09:23:09 am »

i sent you a link.... its in a place  that is bloody hard to pronounce  :roflanim: 
Everywhere round here is bloody hard to pronounce  :roflanim:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:34:15 am »

i sent you a link.... its in a place  that is bloody hard to pronounce  :roflanim: 
Everywhere round here is bloody hard to pronounce  :roflanim:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: tell me about it... half the names you have to sing :roflanim:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:40 am »
Sounds very promising and I wish you luck with it.

But I can't believe nobody else has asked yet, how many acres has it and what will you do with them?  I mean, nice neighbours yes can't get on without them, work prospects, great, you will need the income and work contacts are amazing to find, but what about the LAND?!!  :D

about 5 acres, plus the option to buy more.. as to, what will i be doing with it.. :thinking:

couple of sheep things, a few piggy type things, chooks for eggs and meat, ducks for eggs and meat, some goat type things for milk and meat.... a few quails..eggs and meat...small orchard, veg plot, with polly tunnel ....

i want some rare breeds of some description.... i would like to try turkeys ... just a few to start with, plus a soft fruit patch.... maybe a few xmas trees .... and !!!!! if in time i can get the permission..... a holiday let that will be disable friendly....  :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:54 am »
Just had another look at the link John. Lovely location, we viewed a place there but it turned out that they had already accepted an offer on it that morning.
Lets hope it all goes well for you  :fc:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:43 am »
.... so  ...... any news?????

.... and buy the extra land you going to need it with that list!!!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »
.... so  ...... any news?????

.... and buy the extra land you going to need it with that list!!!

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: what are you like woman  :roflanim:

making a few enquiries about a small mortgage ..... one needs to get everything in order 1st  :roflanim:
I wish my life was simple instead of me being simple  :roflanim:

the buyer for mums house pulled out..didn't need that, but its only a hitch..another one will come along... must think positive.... i have let the vendor know of our interest and kept him onformed of our situation and he is happy on that score, even to the point of offering to take it off the market for 4 months..... i don't want to go down that route....as ive said, what will be ....if its really meant to be ours ..it will

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 12:25:07 pm »
 :fc:
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:17 pm »
The waiting is awful isn't it? Hope you get it. :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »
Really hope things work out for you - sounds ideal!!
People have said to me, that they know when they have found the right place - and I think that may be true. After the hassle of having to sell the farm due to family members deciding they could get more from Joe Public that us  (they didn't as it happened!) we had to watch out dream be sold for a pittance. 
We decided to downsize and go for a small cottage.  Nothing we viewed inspired me - maybe due to not wanting to live anywhere else but the farm.  I had always looked across the valley to the other hillside, and said what lovely houses - often had a drive along the lane.  Then browsing estate agents listings came across a tiny cottage on the very hillside.  Viewed it, and it had the right feel, and although will never, ever make up for the farm - at least it is somewhere I can live (will tell you if my gut feeling was right when we move in at weekend!)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »
I hope you do Roxy... :thumbsup:

I am easier to please than helen  :roflanim:
I guess i can look at a place and see past, what i'm actually looking at.... this was totally different... i did like the last one... but the neighbour, even though he came across as being nice....gave me a niggling feeling, and i know i have said in other posts, that i could sort of turn away from them , just give the occasional wave..but thats not the way i want to live......

instantly these neighbours where people who have taken country living to their heart , and that 1st impression was a good feeling...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »

if in time i can get the permission..... a holiday let that will be disable friendly....  :thumbsup:

If you do, let us know. I'm always on the look out for disabled friendly holiday lets and we love Wales.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 09:26:09 pm »

if in time i can get the permission..... a holiday let that will be disable friendly....  :thumbsup:

If you do, let us know. I'm always on the look out for disabled friendly holiday lets and we love Wales.

that goes without saying MGM..... its one of my biggest aims....
as i have said before my sister has cerebal palsy, on more than one occasion, i have seen how animals can get a response to certain people.... also all the pathways , entrances , showers etc etc will be wheelchair friendly

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:39 pm »
Keeping my fingers crossed for a dream come true for you both  :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS