Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gotland sheep-South Lincolnshire  (Read 2416 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Gotland sheep-South Lincolnshire
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:43:37 pm »
Have put my lovelies up on here before with a distinct lack of response. We really need to downsize the flock. OH hasn't been in best of health for last year and it's sometimes very hard to cope on one's own. I can't let them go just anywhere. Homes have to be experienced or have some experience close by. These are very pretty, very special and extraordinarily friendly sheep who need social interaction with their owners. They love company. They love cuddles and scratches. They do produce lovely offspring who reach a good weight by six months with very little need for supplements if you've good quality grazing. Meat is lean and very tasty (if you can bear to part with anyone!) They have cracking fleece which is highly saleable to felters and spinners.
I have breeding females (still with lambs at present), a number of full grown rams (great for crossing), ewe lambs, gimmers, and some wether lambs (good mowers and fabulous soft fleece) and girls who need a comfortable retirement who will still give great fleece for years to come if you're a crafty sort.
PM me if you're at all curious and do check out the website for further info and my non rose-tinted blog!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Gotland sheep-South Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »
I know how hard it is for Pedwardine to part with her lovely sheep. 
I can endorse all she says about the Gotlands.  I have three girls from her, and they really are beautiful.  They love attention, and come to the gate to say hello when anyone arrives.  Their fleeces are gorgeous - they are more than happy to let me run my fingers through it.
Amanda and Barry are lovely people, and will be more than happy to show you their sheep if you are thinking of buying some, and answer questions about the breed.  Have a look, you won't be disappointed ;D

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:53:43 pm »
I'm rather excited too as I've finally found 2 ewe lambs here in S.W Wales to add to my flock of various breeds of sheep (!!!)......and have been searching for months for them.    I've heard about, read about and seen these lovely sheep for a good while but trying to find some here has been a challenge.  Anyway, hopefully will pick these two girls up early August and will post pics.
THEY ARE LOVELY SHEEP and if you are anywhere near Pedwardine, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:00:10 pm by Blinkers »
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
Thanks so much guys. Really kind of you.  :-*

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS