Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Happy Thursday - A Random Act of Kindness  (Read 5081 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Happy Thursday - A Random Act of Kindness
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 06:23:13 pm »
I've never forgotten the rather 'rough' looking couple who took pity on a 20yo me who having left OH and broken down car and two cats on the motorway hard shoulder, managed to lose the AA man who was leading me back in my hire car back to them, and realised I had forgotten what motorway and what junction  :o

They spent an hour and a half leading me up and down the nearby motorways until we spotted OH and the car and cats in their travel cage.....

Being a poor student then I didn't even have any money to give them, but I've never forgotten how kind it was of them and how very often the kindest people are the ones with the most tattoos and without the flash cars :-))))) :thumbsup:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »
I have been behind numerous people lately putting items back to reduce the bill, and the checkout girl seems well used to it.  Also debit cards being declined is the norm too.  Happened to me - fortunately I had some cash to pay.  Rushed to the card machine to discover I am well overdrawn (again).

me too - mortifying. i now shop on-line with tesco as i get a chance to adjust what i buy and keep within budget. i just cannot shop in the store without spending too much. plus i get embarrassed in store if we have to have "noodle week", with a family of 5, thats alot of noodles in your trolley  :roflanim: :roflanim:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »
I've never forgotten the rather 'rough' looking couple who took pity on a 20yo me who having left OH and broken down car and two cats on the motorway hard shoulder, managed to lose the AA man who was leading me back in my hire car back to them, and realised I had forgotten what motorway and what junction  :o

They spent an hour and a half leading me up and down the nearby motorways until we spotted OH and the car and cats in their travel cage.....

Being a poor student then I didn't even have any money to give them, but I've never forgotten how kind it was of them and how very often the kindest people are the ones with the most tattoos and without the flash cars :-))))) :thumbsup:

when we went down to england to buy our puppy, our car broke down and i only had limited RAC cover, so basically got left 400 miles from home with no car,  3 kids aged 4 - 10, an 8 week old puppy at 5pm on a sunday night with minus 5 degrees, at an out of town shopping centre in town in yorkshire - now we had to get back to aberdeenshire with £120 in the bank.  :'( :'( :'(
we walked to an (unmanned) railway station with no idea what to do or what direction to go. i spoke to a passing lady who offered to take us to a proper train station 30 mins drive away. now as this lady had 2 kids with her, plus my 3, she put her kids in the boot of her car - yes really - and drove us 30 mins up the road to the railway station. she had offered us dinner etc and everything. it was sooo kind, she wouldnt take any money and stood there until we had bought the right tickets to get home. phew.
without this lady i think we might still be there. we got back home about 1am. thankgod

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »
Aren't some people lovely? Really heart-warming.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS