Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Happy Thursday - A Random Act of Kindness  (Read 5067 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Happy Thursday - A Random Act of Kindness
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:01 pm »
Did most of my shopping in Aldi today and then went to nasty Tesco for some odd bits Aldi don't stock. Found the tilapia was being reduced at the fish counter  :thumbsup: . Love tilapia and can never normally afford it. I think the fish was the start of my wrong additions as I thought I had three fillets when there were four. Got to the checkout to find I had miscalculated by a few quid and returned some bits to take off the bill. I'm past being embarrassed about that sort of thing as it's become the norm in my current skint state. However what was far from the norm was the lovely chap behind me who said "Can I pay for those for you?". I had a teeny pause whilst I looked at the checkout lady and she looked at me. I asked "Seriously?" whereupon he replied he'd got a day off work and "Happy Thursday!". I gratefully accepted and gave him a thankyou peck on the cheek which seemed to surprise him as much as he'd surprised me  :-* . I said I hoped someone would shine on him as he had shone on me  :sunshine: and went my way smiling in a big fashion.
How bloomin' lovely was he!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Happy Thursday - A Random Act of Kindness
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »
You should have asked him to marry you  :excited: :excited: :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »
random acts of kindness are the best thing ever,

receiving them is great, giving them is also very rewarding!!!

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »
OH may have thought that was being too grateful Doganjo  ;D
I love RAOK. I tell people when they have a nice smile or look pretty. Makes someone's day. Once told a bloke he smelt nice. You should've seen how fast he could run...

Torrin37

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »
How very lovely of him, I always feel it restores my faith in people when you hear about this kind of thing - mostly you hear only the bad about people.

I love your reply as well, about the sun shining on him  :sunshine: I bet he went away feeling as happy as you did  :thumbsup:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »
ahh, thats so kind.

my daughter (6) was outside the bank counting her pennies when an old man stopped and emptied his pockets and gave her all his change. a random act of kindness and shes never forgotten about it.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 07:31:42 am »
One of my late Uncles was such a great guy, they had a small caravan holiday home type thing, that they would spend most of the summer there....

it was only two miles from a holiday park at Dawlish warren, on a big tide, the road use to flood, many cars would would have problems...

one day , we had just returned to his caravan , we saw out the window a car had become stuck in the flood water.

"Come on Boy" he said... so off we went .... when we reached the car, the poor family where stressed to say the least , they only had the 2 miles to go to reach their holiday camp.....we pushed the car out the water and parked it on the field.... Uncle Rob asked me to drop the family down to the camp..which i did.... i said i would pick the father up at 9am the next day...... to collect his car

9 am the next morning, i picked up the father, he said he would arrange for a garage to pick up his car, when we got back to the car, my uncle had cleaned out the carbs, dried everything off and charged the battery over night,, he even topped up the oil  :roflanim: .... the guy was blown away..almost speechless..he went to offer my uncle a wad of notes.... my uncle just grabbed the fist of notes and pushed it back towards the guy.......with a big smile , he looked at the guy and said........" you just have a wonderful holiday" the bloke was totally gobsmacked

a week later, they where on their way home.... they stopped at uncles caravan, and the guys children gave my uncle a thankyou card with some flowers for my auntie and some chocolates for my uncle.... my uncle being the man he was, opened up the chocolates and started sharing them with the children over a cup of tea.....

the family use to pop in every year after, to say hello to uncle rob, when they came on their holidays , they never forgot his random act of kindness

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 07:51:15 am »
There are really lovely people around. It does restore your faith in human nature a bit as we come across so many ignorant and discourteous people.

Helen

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 08:38:14 am »
I showed a random act of kindness to my husband yesterday. I DIDNT hit him over the head with the frying pan!! :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 10:43:18 am »
I showed a random act of kindness to my husband yesterday. I DIDNT hit him over the head with the frying pan!! :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: bless him

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:27 am »
Pedwardine, I think thats just lovely.  :thumbsup:  for that man
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 12:37:36 pm »
NM That's fabulous!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
That's wonderful,  :thumbsup: I worry about my husband as for some strange reason, he only takes out a small amount of cash  unless we are doing a big shop and often, even in petrol stations, they let him off the few extra pence that he goes over......although  we too do not get embarrassed, we went to get some bits and bobs from Tesco  last night, not the usual 10p deals but clothing, he piled in some shirts for work and I picked up 2 tops, we got to the till and he only had £40 :rant: so I had no choice but to  use my currently hard worked card due to insurance, AA and buying the car......so NM 
showed a random act of kindness to my husband yesterday. I DIDNT hit him over the head with the frying pan!!
  me too :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »
I now have a big  ;D reading about such lovely kind people.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »
I have been behind numerous people lately putting items back to reduce the bill, and the checkout girl seems well used to it.  Also debit cards being declined is the norm too.  Happened to me - fortunately I had some cash to pay.  Rushed to the card machine to discover I am well overdrawn (again).
What a nice thing for that man to do - hopefully he will be repaid by someone doing HIM a kindness one day......and at least you got your shopping.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS