Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone with a docile goat in need of a home?  (Read 3269 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Anyone with a docile goat in need of a home?
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:10 pm »
Hi, have a friend who lives near Newark, Nottinghamshire with a rescue goat, Geraldine who is 15 and has been recovering from a badly torn udder. Di has other goats but they are horned so she can't risk contact and further damage. She's currently spending masses of time keeping Geraldine company but she'd really like to find some suitable, docile, hornless goaty companionship for her if anyone can help. She says her other goats have signed a petition so it's a fairly important thing to get sorted before a revolution occurs  ;D
Please contact me if you can help.
Ta muchly  :-* 

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Anyone with a docile goat in need of a home?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »
I have a toggenburg wether, he was disbudded but a scur has reappeared which is about 1.5" width. I'm sure it will snap off at some point as it did before.

He is 18 months old. Well handled and incredibly tame.

We are in worcs.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:26 pm »
Thanks Plums. I'll pass that on to her and will get you in touch with each other to discuss.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »
Plums, you're never parting with the lovely Reggie?!
Little Blue

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:08 pm »
nor sixpence - hes gorgeous  :love:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:56 pm »
Its Sixpence  :(  I have more goats than we 'need' so if he could go and be a lovely companion pet then it would be a nice option. I don't want him to go neccessarily but if the right home was there then that would be different.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »
ahh, if we were close we'd be very tempted cos he looks so gorgeous. someone will be v lucky.  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:48 pm »
Plums, you'll  know its the right thing,
we've found a new home for our much loved goat with her kids, felt sooo guilty, but I know its the best.  And they'll be very well looked after...

(as long as its not Reggie!!!)  ;)
Little Blue

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 10:18:36 pm »
I have pm'd you - This is Mary.  Although she is only a goatling she is very friendly with the other goats.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:21 pm »
Thanks lovely people. Di has found a companion in the form of 9 year old wether Gorgeous George from her local farmpark who is coming over on Friday to live with Geraldine. He looks lovely. I knew you lot would come up trumps. Thanks again  :-*

dislaney

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Nottinghamshire
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 11:42:49 pm »
Hello everyone - thanks for all your responses; have found my way on here now thanks to Pedwardine!  Fingers firmly crossed for a love match between Geraldine and George ... :)
More animals than sense.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS