Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blue Texels  (Read 2783 times)

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
Blue Texels
« on: July 26, 2009, 11:19:55 pm »
Any info greatly appreciated....oh and I are thinking of getting some Blue Texel's.  :sheep:  I have been on The Blue Texel Society website. Does anyone on here have any Blue Texels or know anything about them and what sort of money would we be talking about?? Thank you in advance.

countrygirlatheart

• Joined Apr 2008
Re: Blue Texels
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »
Hi

whereabouts are you?    I know of a top Blue Texel breeder in Ayrshire.    I saw them at Ayr show last year and liked them but I'm sticking to the one breed (zwartbles)  I'm told the BTs are fairly docile and have less lambing difficulties than 'ordinary' Texels as their head shape is less exaggerated.  Dont know about prices but you could try the Harrison and Hetherington (livestock auctioneers in Carlisle) website to see if there are any sales reports - go into pedigree sheep then blue texel then sales reports (something like that!).  Maybe the BT website has a link to other sales reports?   

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS