Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lets see Your Kit!  (Read 6766 times)

Still playing with tractors

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
  • You can never have enough HP
Lets see Your Kit!
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:04:07 pm »
Please Tractors and such like only.  :innocent:

Have you got a lovley Ford or Massey or how about that favourite piece of firewood kit, size does not matter its just how proud you are of it.

I will start everone off with a few of my tractor photos and i hope to update them through out the year showing different kit attached.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Lets see Your Kit!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »
Oh wow, Can't even begin to compete. Its just OH with his strimmer  :(
Still I can't complain as he does a good job and he never complains himself.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:57 pm »
I wouldn't mind the two attachemnts you've got one for ploughing the snow and the other for harrowing. Our harrow is an old chain one. :'(
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:02:24 pm »
Hi thanks for the comments.

we upgraded last year after a long time using a chain harrow so nowt wrong with a grass chain harrow!

I got fed up withe snow 2 years a go, it took us a full day to clear our farm road with 3 tractors and trailers 2 loadalls and 3 13t excavators :relief:
The plow takes a bit to get used to with its width.

enjoy and lets see your toys :excited:

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:53:26 pm »
something else to wet your apatite

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »
If you even need a hand playing with any of your toys...

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »
Yes more than happy for you come and have a look, it just might inspire you. :thumbsup: I do a fair amount of contracting for smallholders and fellow equine owners in and around the stirling area. it works out better for a lot of smallholders to get me into do selected jobs but while still being involved in the process and without them forking out all the cash for the bigger kit. charge a resonable price and everones happy :excited:

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »
Here is my crew planting potatoes in 2011 on my 1956 grey gold ferguson. I have a similar photo of the same tractor and planter with my dad at the wheel and me on the back in 1978....when the tractor was only 22 years old !

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:51:00 pm by stufe35 »

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 09:29:52 am »
Brillaint what a great picture and with so much family history, thats a great team you have there! Could you post a picture showing how the potato planter works?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:33:32 am »
That all looks very clean and bright stufe35.
I so wanted to  post a photo of our new little Truck but its on my I pad.....but one good bit of kit is the little diamond shaped log splitter.....that goes through tough logs easily, and our little truck can pull them along!

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:38 pm »
Hi Happygolucky, it will be good to see your pics once you transfer them over. What kind of truck do you have?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 01:46:26 pm »
Something I wanted for years, although its for logs we could do all sorts with it, anyway, one day I may pluck up courage to go shopping with it!! :-J
My husband broke his small splitter..... :o

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »
Thats a very handy truck, i picked some of those ones you get in garden centers up in farm sale last year its not as big as yours but stillvery handy indeed.

Team up a quad with your truck and there will be no stopping you :excited: Just think how much shopping you could fit in that wow :thinking:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 02:05:25 pm »
Love it, I wonder if it will pull me along, we  have it to use in the forests as we paid for a long awaited foraging permit and its such fun as we take the dogs along too!!

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »
Wagons roll :roflanim:

oh what a vision....

When we first moved to where we are we did the FC scavenging thing but found it a nightmare as its so difficult to get the wood out then we tried the road side pick up but they banned chainsaws...... so it ended up with the loader tractor and a long drive.

We have moved on to get lorry deliverys as its much easier and we can get the right size of wood for our processor.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS