Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kazakh Tazi X Saluki pups for sale in NE Scotland  (Read 14092 times)

Saluqihounds

• Joined May 2013
Kazakh Tazi X Saluki pups for sale in NE Scotland
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:05:24 am »
Hi all I have a litter of Tazi X Salukis, the mother is the only one of her kind in the UK, both her and the sire are great pot fillers, they would a great dogs to have on the small holding whether for controling pests or pothunting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270140@N08/sets/72157634442088131/

Regards

Mark

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Kazakh Tazi X Saluki pups for sale in NE Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:11 am »
Oh, my goodness. These are just stunning. Is it not hard to stop them filling the pot with things like your chickens?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:17:43 am »
This is a type of Borzoi - Russian Hound, although they are more like the Saluki than the Borzoi to be honest.   The Saluki is also a hound - both chase on sight.  Another crossbreed but at least not a 'designer' name given to them.   :innocent:Could be good fun for racing!  :excited:  We have lure racing down here, great fun.
I take it the relevant health checks have been done - where did you get the Tasi?  Did you go to Kasakstan or Turkmenistan - are there differences between those two?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Saluqihounds

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »
No problems with livestock what so ever mine live along side my free range hens even when left alone all day with them they will not harm them. I could introduce anything to them even pet rabbits once they know they are off limit they will not touch them. Think of the livestock they co-exist with in their native lands. :thumbsup:

Well doganjo, Borzoi simply translates to Sighthound, so if you were Russian you may well call them Borzoi as they are Sighthounds just without the western refinements . ;) These dogs pre-date the creation of the Russian breed we call Borzoi considerably and do not originate from Russia but from Central Asia.

Rosemary pop up and see us we are just by Brechin, we have the Dog Grooming Shop 'Tidy Tails' in Brechin.

Saluki and Tazi, Taigan, etc are just regional  variants of a landrace of dogs stretching the length of the silk road. Only in the western world do put them into separate breed boxes. In their native lands one type simply merges seamlessly in another as the environment moulds them to suit.

They could be could good fun for racing but I would doubt they would take it seriously once they have seen live game. ;)

As for health testing, a  millennia  of natural selection to be able to survive the harsh conditions of the Middle East and Central Asia has forged possibly the toughest and healthiest dogs imaginable. Don't confuse these dogs with western show dogs. ;)

I went to Kazakhstan in 2007 to attend an aboriginal dog conference.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270140@N08/sets/72157602119982718/

Nura the mother was bred in the US by a friend, she has the most wonderful loving and steady temperament you could imagine.

Best Regards

Mark

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »
Can I ask how much they are? It's my birthday next week  :innocent:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:55:36 pm »
I went to Kazakhstan in 2007 to attend an aboriginal dog conference.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7270140@N08/sets/72157602119982718/

Awesome photos! Do they like their dogs and horses?

Would it be a bad thing to keep one of your puppies as a pet?

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
Can I ask how much they are? It's my birthday next week  :innocent:
Another one ?  ::) :roflanim:

Your pups are gorgeous  :dog: :love:

Saluqihounds

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »
Good homes are more important than money especially if it is your Birthday!  ;)

I've had so many hunting folk that have been through countless different dogs trying to get these pups from I'd actually rather them go to pet homes with people who spend a lot of time outdoors!

Kazakh's love their Eagles, Tazi and Horse's, great people, great country, I long to go back!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:32 pm »
They look much more sturdy  ( in that they look chunkier ) than uk sighthounds.
Absolutely  goergeous :love:

Rosemary, if theyare anything like my last lurcher, she chased rabbits but barked as she passed. Never ever would she go past the back door if our rabbits were out, the risk of bitten legs from a hormonal one was too great. And she walked around the dining table with a large berth as the cats stalked and grabbed her from underneath  ::)
Love bursts of exercise but just as much at home on a thick comfy cushion  :love:

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 09:02:34 am »
What lovely puppies. They look like they are built for speed, splendid. :thumbsup:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 09:13:38 am »
God they are georgeous, want one, can't have one, already got a saluki x greyhound, he's georgeous, he's George lovely dogs

Nice to see another dog groomer on here  :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:56 am »
I had friends with Afghans - Saluki's with more hair.  They couldn't let them off the lead except in fenced ground and had to move near Balmedie beach so they could let them off, one at a time, and quite often came home with only three out of the four.  Fortunately there were no roads to cross to get back to their cottage near the car park so they came back themselves, but sometimes it was a good few hours!  They say sight hounds don't have endurance, and are built for short bursts of speed, but theirs could go a fair distance, probably shot after deer or rabbit, caught a rabbit, lay down to eat then ready to go again  :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Saluqihounds

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 12:00:12 am »
Being more from an aboriginal population Tazi are less sighthoundy than most other sighthounds. They are just the right blend of speed stamina, intelligence and durability to be effective hunting dogs.

I hear these kinds of stories a lot Doganjo, I suspect the owners of the Afghans would have the same trouble other breeds as well. I've just had our 7 (4 saluki's, 2 lurchers and a bedlington terrier) out across the fields and along the river at the back of our cottage, with not a lead in sight. Yes they hunted about in the standing wheat fields and in the overgrowth down by the river but I never had to say one word to them the whole time we were out, they just stay with me because I've never deprived them of adequate exercise. A dog that is confined and restricted will constantly crave freedom and take off make the most of it when they eventually do get free.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 09:14:13 am »
Dan says I can't have a puppy for my birthday  :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:14 am »
Being more from an aboriginal population Tazi are less sighthoundy than most other sighthounds. They are just the right blend of speed stamina, intelligence and durability to be effective hunting dogs.

I hear these kinds of stories a lot Doganjo, I suspect the owners of the Afghans would have the same trouble other breeds as well. I've just had our 7 (4 saluki's, 2 lurchers and a bedlington terrier) out across the fields and along the river at the back of our cottage, with not a lead in sight. Yes they hunted about in the standing wheat fields and in the overgrowth down by the river but I never had to say one word to them the whole time we were out, they just stay with me because I've never deprived them of adequate exercise. A dog that is confined and restricted will constantly crave freedom and take off make the most of it when they eventually do get free.
I can assure you my friends were very experienced dog owners, these afghans had plenty of exercise - they were out all day every day in a paddock of their own of about an acre, as well as a three hour walk (on the beach mostly, but sometimes across the golf course, and the nearby woods,) every day, with individual free running.  They had spaniels before they had the Afghans, no problems with them disappearing, they looked after our Brittanys occasionally, again no problem (and Brits are hunters too, known to be selectively deaf!  ;) )  I think the control may be down to training or demeanour in your case! Or this breed may be totally different from any other sighthound in existence, but I would certainly be very sure to let new owners know that SOME sighthound breeds can just take off.after prey, and that they should ensure that instant 'recall' and 'stop' are the first commands they teach their pups. (I do that with Brittanys, and did with my spaniels too) They do look super pups, and I hope you find the right knowledgeable homes for them all where they will realise theri potential whatever that may be.  That's all any breeder can wish for animals they have created.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS