Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The newbie post- Free Elder trees  (Read 2632 times)

Marjolie

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Arbroath
The newbie post- Free Elder trees
« on: July 03, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »
 :wave:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to drop in and say hello (I'm Marjolie, nice to meet you) I wanted to offer anyone who wants one, an Elder Tree of their very own, its a genuine freebie- or maybe we could do a swapsie if anyone wants to do that?!
I have 5 Elder trees about 30" tall (young ones) to give away. I ordered 5 but in the infinite and rare generosity that transpired, I received 19! I've planted 6, gave just 3 away (seems no-one 'likes' them that much) and now I have some left over. Ifyou would like one or two, please get in touch!

(Just think...Elderflowers, berries and wood all of your very own....how smashing!)

Marjolie  :D x

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: The newbie post- Free Elder trees
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:02:46 pm »
Hi Marjolie & welcome  :wave:

Whereabouts are you?
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »
Are they potted?
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:33:14 am »
Hi Marjolie, and welcome!

Although I'd love some elder, I don't have room for them... But what I really wanted to say, you'd probably have more response to your post if you put it in a more appropriate section. I don't think many people would look for trees under food processing! Maybe fruit - or market place?

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:44:06 am »
 :wave:
I'd most definately be interested please  :excited:
Swapsie sounds good  :thumbsup: I can offer home reared porky products (we've got mainly burgers & sausages at the mo) or handmade soap......or both (I might want more than 1 tree  :innocent:)
Leave it with me, I'll have to see all what's on, but I'll hopefully have some free time the week after next so I'll drop you a pm later to make arrangements for metting up  :thumbsup:

Marjolie

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Arbroath
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »
Hello all,  and thanks Beewyched, yay thanks for the welcomes! :D
Sorry for posting this in the wrong place (what a rookie mistake!) I realised my error as soon as I saw it Ina, next time I might get it right, doh!  ::) heheh
Me and The Elders are in Arbroath, they're not potted spandit, but I can pot them up but i've dug them deep into a bucket to keep them all healthy (and oh boy are they doing well; they were half dead when they arrived but are lovely green healthy things now.) I'm up for a swapsie most definitely HappyHippy, porky sounds super I have a ton of soap made from last year....so I'll pass on that (maybe I don't wash as much as I should!) If you do fancy one or two (and I'm not bound by the law of swapsies) i'll be around this Friday all day, or Saturday between 10 and 2pm. Email me your name and mobile and i'll text you back with my address!
Ooo and let me know how many you'll want as well :)
Roll on next summer already I say.....  :sunshine:
Thanks all
Marjolie x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS