Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree British Toggenburg Goats (nanny+goatling) for sale - Scottish Borders  (Read 3559 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
I have two BGS registered British Toggenburg females for sale by mid-August.

R130 Lochinvar Beech *2 BT027803D

DoB: 07/02/2009
Last kidded: March 2012
Milk recorded in 2012/13 - Annual yield 1305kgs with ave butterfats of 4.87% and ave proteins of 3.59%

Beech is a very laid-back nanny, and is used to be milked by both machine and by hand. She has exceptionally high butterfats in her milk, actually she never dropped below 4% throughout her milk recording period. She is currently running through and producing about 3.5ltrs per day. She is very easy to milk - my then 8-year old daughter learned to milk goats on her. My goats are grazed during the day, and the field is fenced with mains-electric top-wire at 4ft high.

Also for sale (and to go with her unless Beech goes to an established herd) is her daughter by +Guilden Cherokee BT027648D

Alewater Cornelia BT028456D

DoB: 29/03/2012

Both goats have been shown regularly and are only for sale as I am concentrating on my other BT line and on breeding British Guernseys.

Although they are suitable for a beginner and for children to milk, children will need adult supervision when handling them. Both goats have been shown regularly by my daughter.

My goats are disbudded, so should not be introduced into a horned herd. My stock is CAE free, and vaccinated with Lambivac and Ovipast. Currently my goats are worm free, but I will give a dose of Oramec before they leave my holding.

Please pm me if interested.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS