Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tower House, 5 bed detatched with plans passed for annex  (Read 2468 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Tower House, 5 bed detatched with plans passed for annex
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:28:01 pm »
http://clydeproperty.com/html/buying/clackmannanshire/clackmannan/tower-house-10-main-street/7794.html
Well, anyone want a life style change? its up for £225,000, the garden is better than on the photos and we also have a huge garage, we did intend to convert it into a granny annex or tea room, the area we live is a conservation area and we should have no problem getting permission for a long awaited tea room/ gift shop as business development is only allowed on this main street, the snack shop across the road does very well and we kick ourselves daily that we actually refused it as a rental property.
Handy for bus links, train station around 3 miles away, and lovely neighbours....we use our spare rooms as guest rooms now as we packed in the catering side....too time consuming but we get inundated by request for rooms and refuse most of them.

The  house would be ideal for extended family, business storage, (post office across the road) parking is good and the services in the area are faultless....I can ring the Dr and get a prescription in mins!! The large garage is also either ideal to do up or knock down, if some one wanted to they could apply to have it as a separate let for some one, not able to ourself due to being a B&B and so not allowed to extend...we can have an annex to use for ourself though..plans are passed no problems with that.
We could stay but we need to leave and downsize as work is intermittent, we have run this house on a tiny income for around 6 years so its time to move on up and out!!!! We have had 2 offers, one chap dropped off the planet and the other had cash but now has bought a more expensive house locally, we are up for offers too and work has been done successfully since our home check/report!!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Tower House, 5 bed detatched with plans passed for annex
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:46:16 pm »
Sandy, It looks lovely. The staircase is gorgeous. You must surely get a buyer soon.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »
It really is a beautiful house, and Sandy has furnished it in style.  I wish I had her flair! :-[
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »
 :thumbsup: Thanks for that....nearly all our viewings have loved the place, we had a second viewing from an architect but his wife clearly wanted modern flash and clean, he shock my hand on his way o ut and said "beautiful house"......it would be nice to get this place done up with a bit more style,  but the cost would not add to the market value but would be great to live in......we did have the money to put in an en suite but that bad winter took it!!
I thought our dinning room would make a super showroom for wedding dressed and other rooms for machinery!!! anyway, we, along with most the other people who have lived here in the past, will truly miss the place...the best bit it, most houses are not so suited to having dogs as this is, our yard is ideal with shade and sun, they have a lovely warm lean too, not the glass one but the potting shed, it has a slate roof and is now linned and we have light heat and radio in there for them...so comfy if I fall out with Steve I will be in there myself...also fab for pups

Torrin37

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:50 am »
wow, what a beautiful house! I'm sure someone will snap it up, good luck

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:17:09 am »
 :wave: Thanks, we love it..... :love:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS