Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trap  (Read 6994 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Trap
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 09:30:01 pm »
It's not that far if you want a hand tomorrow. Out in the morning but should be back by 3 at latest.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »
Have you caught the last kitten yet??? I'm dying to know :cat: .

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 08:44:16 pm »
It's not that far if you want a hand tomorrow. Out in the morning but should be back by 3 at latest.
Sorry only just got on as I don't have the internet at my sisters other than a bit hitty missy wireless that I can sometimes pick up on my kindle  :innocent:
still not caught the last one or at least hope its the last one.
Graham

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 10:14:20 pm »
Never mind, just one of those things. Hope kitten is caught soon. The soonest I can get over is Friday, due to work and GYShow but hopefully you will have the blighters(s) by then  :fc:
Give me a bell if no success. Have you got anywhere for mum and kittens? Mum could do with speying before she goes anywhere and sometimes CPL will do that.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:27 am »
Eden animal rescue where I borrowed the trap from is happy to take mum and kittens, mum will be spayed and rehomed into a farm/smallholding type home and hopefully the kittens can be tamed enough to go into pet homes  :-\
Graham

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:48 am »
We bought our own trap as over the years cats and kittens have been dumped. One lovely big black and white boy tried his best to chase away two old cats that I had since kittens. We trapped him thinking he was a tom but discovered when taken to the vet that had already been done and he was just a bully. CP found him a home. A few strays pass by, get fed and move on as we have no breeding females.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 10:30:30 pm »
I took a cat with unhandled kittens at 6-7 weeks. The mother was very tame so that was a bonus. The kittens were wild. Never handled. Given time and lots of handling for food ( feeding by hand rather than in a bowl several times a day ) by myself and two young sons, two of them were reasonably tame but one was more standoffish and hissy. A friend took it and continued keeping in a cage and hand feeding and gentle handling. Within a couple of months he was the friendliest fella known. To the point where when children came, as she was a childminder, he would push his way through the parents for attention.
I was originally told I was mad thinking he could be a house cat but with strict confinement and handling and feeding for a few weeks it really brings their confidence on as long as the right people take them who have patience and a gentle approach.

The kittens are young, they will do well  :thumbsup: once mum is speed she should be more appealing for somebody. Better than them fending in the wild for food in winters like last year.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS