Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone got a good chilli recipe  (Read 2218 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Anyone got a good chilli recipe
« on: June 29, 2013, 09:19:41 am »
Anyone got a good chili recipe?

I have alot of coarse minced pork that needs converting into convenient frozen dinners  :D :D :yum:

I've got the basic recipe but I wondered if anybody had any additional magic secret extras that would make a unique taste.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Anyone got a good chilli recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:31:11 am »
Do you add chocolate? You only need one square but it does add some depth to the chilli.
I have recently bought some chocolate fron Aldi with chilli in it so am going to add some of that when I make my next batch
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:33:39 am »
Mmmmm - yes - I can see how that would add some depth.

I have some dark cooking chocolate that we haven't used so I might just add some to half of it and do a taste test  :yum: ... then that would give me an excuse to eat the rest because the packet is open  :roflanim: :excited:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:25 am »
Minced meat (pork , beef etc.)
Chopped onion, garlic, fresh chilli, peppers, tomatoes, beans (whatever type you like)
Mixed herbs, smoked paprika, tomato puree, OXO cubes, oh and a slow cooker !!!

Brown mince on high meat (it needs to be hot enough that the sugars in the meat caramalise on the bottom of the pan, all flavour)
Add onion, garlic, chilli, herbs and peppers and cook for around 5 min, or until the onion is cooked, colour is good here....
Add herbs, smoked paprika,  OXO ,chopped tomatoes and tomato puree

Give it a good mix, getting all the caramlised parts from the bottom and then place in the slow cooker. Don't add anymore liquid as you don't need it, all the juices from ingredients will provide more than enough.

Forget about it for a good few hours, give it a stir and then add your beans and cook for another few hours. Liquid should reduce down and chilli almost complete...
Taste adding salt, pepper and if needed,1/2 teaspoon on sugar. This will take the "tinned" taste out of your tomaotoes. If you used fresh, it'll sweeten them up a tad...

Basmati rice is good with it, also leave enough for the next day, nacho's mix up with some rice and have baked tortillas....ooooft, enjoy !!!
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS