Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pancakes for the lactose intolerant.  (Read 2548 times)

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
Pancakes for the lactose intolerant.
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:06:23 pm »
I have a niece who became diabetic after the birth of her three children so has spent years monitoring her diet. A couple of years ago she became lactose intolerant too, which strangely improved her diabetes enormously  now she has to monitor her diet in a different way. One of the things she struggles with is finding sweets that dont have too much sugar or contain any animal fats at all. I saw this recipe on FB and although I haven't tried it thought I would share in case anyone else has the same dietary problem. I will make the recipe over the week end.
Ingredients
1 very ripe banana
2 eggs
Method
Put banana and eggs into a bowl and combine thoroughly until banana is completely mashed through ( should still end up looking like batter mix)
Spray frying pan with oil, drop spoonful into hot pan cook for 30 seconds, flip over and serve with fruit.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Pancakes for the lactose intolerant.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:46 pm »
If it's just lactose intolerance, there's no need to use milk in pancakes anyway. Some people always use water, some even fizzy mineral water - supposed to make them nicer. And I never put sugar in pancakes...

But this sounds like a fun way of making banana cakes for the wheat intolerant!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:03:56 pm »
 :thumbsup:  That's sounds lovely, I am all those intolerance's but I do eat things and make myself ill...I may give that a try, easy peasy and nice!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:16 pm »
I'm gluten intolerant so I might give that a go.  :thumbsup:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 09:05:02 am »
Looks like a few of us may be having banana pancakes for breakfast tomorrow  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 11:40:57 am »
 :thumbsup:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »
Well I made some this morning and they were ok ish. Tasted fine with some fresh raspberries   but I found they were very 'fragile' to flip guess that is the lack of flour in them.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »
I had some on Friday, I became sick, very sleepy and cold and had to go to bed as I could not keep my eyes open, not sure if I fancied them as I was getting a funny tummy or had them and reacted to the 2 banana's, I must say, mine did look like a pancake and was nice......but I know the last time I had 2 eggs I was ill for a while...cannot seem to tolerate too much at once!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS