Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can anyone give me a hand. Quite literally Update  (Read 7185 times)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Can anyone give me a hand. Quite literally Update
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:58:00 pm »
I am looking for some help around the place, maybe 1 day a week.

Strimming, mowing, weeding , all the jobs and heavy work that my hubby would help me with...before he sliced half his hand off with the sit on mower. Tomorrow he is having his 4th operation in less than 4 weeks.
I am run ragged, continuing to work, back and forward to hospital, seeing to kids and animals.
Today when I saw Rosemary's post about happy Mondays, I almost broke, which is when I realised that I need to get some help, so

If anyone in the Arbroath, angus area, could lend a hand (excuse the pun) I would so welcome the help and can afford to pay a decent wage in return

Cheers mojo
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:42:48 am by mojocafa »
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Can anyone give me a hand, Arbroath, angus.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:30:58 pm »
Today when I saw Rosemary's post about happy Mondays, I almost broke, which is when I realised that I need to get some help

:hug:

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:35:53 pm »
Sorry, I am too far away to offer any help or give the name of someone, but just wanted to send a :hug: to you and to say best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery from what sounds like an horrendous injury.  I hope you find someone to help you out as quickly as possible.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »
Same with me.  :hug: :hug: :hug: for you both.

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:42 pm »
I am getting closer but still too far , sorry, really hope you get help soon as you sound at the end of your tether and thats not a good place to be  :hug:

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 09:06:24 pm »
Sorry can't offer any help. Would it be worth putting an ad on gumtree or similar. Hope things get better for you very soon.

AnnS

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 09:09:16 pm »
Too far to send more than  :hug: :hug: :hug: either.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trophy: :trophy: for realising you need some help and shouting out.  I really hope someone local does contact you.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:14:24 pm »
Cheers everyone , fingers crossed that I can find some help

Mojo
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »
your a bit far from me (stirling) but the week commencing 8th July i could probably manage 2 days and going forward i could manage perhaps 2 days a fortnight so long as its a weekend...

pm me if that could help you out

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 10:37:41 pm »
Bloomer, thank you so much for your offer, but Realistically I'm a fair bit away from Stirling..

Anyhow , on a more positive note, my son has been in touch to say he is coming home for a month in 2 weeks time. So that will take some pressure off me.  I have made a deal, or maybe a bribe, that in exchange for some hard graft to get back on top of things , a t in the park ticket may come his way. So he's more than delighted with that.

Thanks again everyone, I'm feeling much better now

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 09:33:18 am »
Feeling much more positive today, hubby back in hospital today for more surgery, and I have contacted  someone through gumtree. I have had a good conversation with him and have positive vibes about it and he is coming tomorrow evening to assess the situation.  Even to have a squad of boys coming in to tackle the immense growth we have had in the last month will be a weight off my shoulders.

I am aware that although my hubby is positive about his injury , surgery and the long road ahead of him, it is a reality check when he sees the amount of work needing done and he simply can't do it, so I suppose I want everything magically done in order to keep his mood and mental health positive. Does that make sense?

A local farmer has also been in touch about grazing some of his sheep in the field so that will be a help as well

Thanks to all, especially bloomer and ina for their kind offers

Mojo

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:43 pm »
Hi Mojo
Just seen your thread - I have a friend who helps us out on occasions and will give him a bell for you.  I am a bit limited myself as have just started employment but if there is anything I can help with please let me know.  Hope the husband's hand is improving - sending big hugs [size=78%] will be in touch.[/size]

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:59 pm »
Hi minty

Oh has had skin grafts done, took skin from thigh gets checked on mon to see if skin has taken, so fingers crossed. Once my son is home he can run him back and forth to ninewells. I know that must sound terrible but it's a two hour round trip for us to go to ninewells and that's not including the time waiting on and getting treatment.

Anyhow got some work done today which is a start!

Candled your eggs most seemed fine, today is day 8

Mojo

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:01 am »
Just a wee update folks...

Contacted a local company on gumtree, guy came to have look, came back a few days later with 4 employees and they all got stuck in. It was 2 full days work for 5 men, and they never stopped and worked bl%%dy hard. However, it's helpful when you have the muscle and equipment to do the job . Absolutely delighted with the result and should now be easy to keep on top of.

My oh hand...well should have a clearer idea of progress today, he is going up to hospital to get the skin graft checked

Mojo

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 07:38:04 am »
 :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS