Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do single men get someone in to find socks and keys for them?  (Read 5917 times)

sandy

A discussion on another post promted me to find out if it's just men in relationships that ask thier partner to "find" things. How many OH's want help finding socks, keys, wallet, remote controles, pens, dog leads and so on? I suspect when a man lives alone he looks for himself?

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: Do single men get someone in to find socks and keys for them?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:47:18 pm »
 I don't mind most of the time being asked where things are but I am heartily sick of having to stop what I am doing and "show" him!

sandy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 11:02:32 pm »
Me too, but is it a clever ploy!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 11:25:14 pm »
Hi,

I have to say that I am a happily married man,BUT I have to ask My darling wife where things are Because THEY are NOT where I put them or left them! :(
I have found over the years that as soon as I leave something down it get tidied up or moved out of the way by the cleaning fairy!. ??? ???
I then ask Julie who says she has never seen them BUT THEN suddenly remembers where the Cleaning fairy's put them. :) :)
So as for do single men get someone in to find their socks and keys, Then the answer is NO because they are exactly where they left them!. :)(Usually on the floor)
NO OFFENCE to any cleaning fairy's or anyone else but this is what I have found after nearly 15 years together. :) :) :)
Kindest regards to all especially the Cleaning Fairy's
Joe :) :) :)
I am looking forward to all the abuse I expect to get from the Cleaning Fairy's ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:47:01 am by Tullywood Farm »

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:35:38 am »
It's alright Joe,I've got your back!!
  I essentially live on my own (Carly comes over once a month for a long weekend and the odd week sometimes) and I have a place for everything and everything goes in its place. Over the last 18 months my nickname for Carly has gone from "darling" to "gawjus" to "My lil Tornado" !!! It takes me two days after she's returned to the Uk to find everything and replace it. Sometimes a week goes by and I discover that the spare bag of sugar has been used and not written down on the shopping list board!! Would I change it? Would I hell.
 Right,off to don my pink tutu,grab the feather duster and spread my wings and do a little dusting......... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 10:49:30 am »
My hubby is always losing tools as he never puts anything away when he has done a job. He then gets in a state because what he needs right away is missing so i do my best to help him find it. Would i change him, no. when needed to do fencing, building chicken runs, getting water troughs into the fields, help with the electric fence and all the other jobs he does for me I know just how lucky I am  ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 11:38:14 am »
Oh yes, I get the "have you seen my ....keys /wallet/phone"  and am expected to go and look immediately.  Socks are another thing which can disappear too.

My brother lives alone, and he is awful for mislaying things.  His phone and keys are his favourites, and sometimes he will ring me and ask if I know where they are ....er .....I am three miles away, how would I know?

The best one was when he had to have something of mine with ID on, and borrowed my driving licence.  I asked for it back, and got tons of excuses, and some weeks later he admitted he could not find it.  After a telling off from me, he finally said he had found it - in his cash tin.  Who had put it there he asked?  Certainly not him.  I finally got my licence back yesterday, but only because I was round there, and spotted it on a shelf.

Oh yes, the other week he asked for some of our eggs.  I left them on his back door step as requested.  Two days later I got a phone call asking where his eggs were.  I told him on the step.  No, not there.  Very odd, someone must have come round the back and taken them.  I replaced the eggs, and a week later, brother rang and said he had found the original eggs in the fridge.

His answer to how they got there?  Someone must have come in via the back door, and put the eggs in the fridge.  I ask you ......this is a 40 something man!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 03:39:42 pm »
Can I have him?  I'm looking for another toy boy to train lol ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 04:25:41 pm »
I think the sock fairy visits every house, cos mine disappear on a regular basis  ;D

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 04:30:15 pm »
In our house, ever since I was little missing socks have reappeared as wire coat hangers!  :o

And yes both my father and my hubster accuse the women in their lives of hiding things when in actual fact they just don't look properly.  It's a man thing!  ;)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »
With a husband and two teenage sons there are a few odd socks around here.

I like to think they are extra socks that magically appear from nowhere....I can't possibly have lost any in the wash! ;D
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

sandy

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 05:30:13 pm »
When you sort socks out and throw away a perfectly good one sock, the sock fairy returns the other sock she borrowed so you still have one sock!!!!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 07:41:35 pm »
When you sort socks out and throw away a perfectly good one sock, the sock fairy returns the other sock she borrowed so you still have one sock!!!!!

I thought this only happened in my daughter Tara's room - she moved into her new bedroom recently and we had 15 odd socks - so I took the decision to throw them all out as I had waited three weeks for the rest to turn up.
As soon as the odd ones had been recycled, the others started turning up  ::) ::) ::)
- I think the leprecauns do it in her room - or the dogs,  :paw: :pug:the dogs love socks, :paw: there always running off with them and hiding them in the garden  ;D ;D

Julie

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 11:10:58 pm »
always running off with them and hiding them in the garden
So long as it's not her knickers  ;D ;D ;D  Mine have been known to do that! In fact when we had the croft my farmer neighbours used to have a great laugh at my expense as they would run round the field with them - like athletes in the Olympics with their flags. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
When I had teenage girls, one of my dogs use to steel thier knickers and take them up the garden, we had a very large garden so employed a gardener and he used to collet them ;D ;D my Labradors would steal the washing if they had half a chance, it turns up in thier beds!!!!! ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS