Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chaos  (Read 2322 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Chaos
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:17:57 am »
Got up this morning to chaos. Neighbour has put her old mare in the field next to my stallion and Archie who has been running with two other colts was going mad. Chasing the other two so much that the 2 year old jumped the fence into the paddock with Toto. Caught up Archie and moved him, put Benny back in with Bailey. Electric fencing fixed and back on. Archie goes away to a Stud for the summer next week so that will settle him down but in the meantime he better stay where he is or be taken inside. the neighbours mare is old and not interested in him, she runs with a gelding who is new and very much a show off, think this is why Archie has got himself so het up. the joys  :-J

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Chaos
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:53:25 am »
Hmm, hormones. Who'd have 'em  :innocent:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 10:06:09 am »
Archie is ready for his "holiday" :innocent:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »
Brave neighbour I wouldn't put my mare in a field next to a stallion unless the fences were VERY high!
Anne

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »
We've had a bit of commotion today as well. A shetland is kept on his own about 1 1/2 miles from us and is about 20 years old. The present owner has had him for 11 years and he's never had his teeth done.  We have the equine dentist coming tomorrow so fetched the shetland down to our yard for the night. Our shetland had a good sniff and then kicked out lucky the stable door was between them.  We then pulled in Ryan a 15.2" cob who was terrified of him.  The old boy is calling to them all as he hasn't had any company for years my wife doesn't want to take him back but the owners' daughter (who does nothing with him) will miss him too much !!!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:46:51 am »
Well Archie is now with his lady friends and is one very happy boy. Peace restored. My neighbour never tells us when she is moving her pair. At the moment they are having a large barn built and I get all the plastic and paper to pick up. We had a problem with her dogs for a while but now that we have Toto who hates dogs they are too scared to come into our paddocks.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »
what is Toto? we have a mule and she chases dogs out of the field, so i was guessing toto is a mule?  :roflanim:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:17 pm »
Toto is a part bred welsh cob yearling, 14 hands at the moment. The dogs next door thought he would play with them but Toto let them know what he thought of the idea.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS