Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some new additions to the soap range  (Read 9233 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Some new additions to the soap range
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:46 am »
Its a bit addictive too  ;D  then comes the urge to make goats milk bath bombs...sherbet...melts....candles...the list is endless  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

HappyHippy

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:56 am »
Can you make candles from goats milk  ???  ;D But seriously........can you ?

I've made candles in the past (pre-soap, when I was put off by the 'red tape' of soaping  ;)) and still have a HUGE bag of wax...... :thinking:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 10:48:44 am »

HappyHippy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 01:18:04 pm »
 :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I'm gonna need more goats  ;D :excited: :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:00 pm »
Everyone needs more goats. I know I do but can't due to:-

a) not enough space unless I give up growing veggies

b) struggling to manage the two I have now I am disabled

c) OH would leave home. He's fed up with having to help with the two we I have.

Maybe I will try soap-making. Where do I buy lye and flavours you you know what I mean?

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 09:56:04 pm »

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 10:32:33 pm »

Maybe I will try soap-making. Where do I buy lye and flavours you you know what I mean?

here is the lye -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SODIUM-HYDROXIDE-CAUSTIC-SODA-x-5kg-SOAP-BIO-DRAINS-/321093748184?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item4ac2adc5d8

www.bathbbomb.biz are quite good for other things. or search on fleabay.

im just getting the courage together for CP soap, will start searching for the equipment i need and hopefully try in a few weeks time. how do you know if spoons and bowls are not aluminium?  :thinking:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 07:54:47 am »
Mad goatwoman - go to B&Q or Countrywide for your LYe - so much cheaper than buying online and having to fork out postage  :thumbsup:

Soaposh, Bathbomb biz, gracefruit, fresholi are all good online stores.  Essential oils need to be good quality or they will fade (grrrr!)   Palm oil is a taboo for Its Baaath time due to ethical reasons  you need to find a good recipe and check it on a lye calc (online)  just give me a shout - I'll guide you through  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 11:01:20 am »
Mad goatwoman - go to B&Q or Countrywide for your LYe - so much cheaper than buying online and having to fork out postage  :thumbsup:

Soaposh, Bathbomb biz, gracefruit, fresholi are all good online stores.  Essential oils need to be good quality or they will fade (grrrr!)   Palm oil is a taboo for Its Baaath time due to ethical reasons  you need to find a good recipe and check it on a lye calc (online)  just give me a shout - I'll guide you through  ;D

are there any trade suppliers in the uk? all the sites i find seem so pricey.
what do you literally ask for in b&q for lye- im scared of buying the wrong thing - or wrong percent.  :-\

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
In B&Q its the one in the white pot, orangey red lid. Its pure caustic soda. So long as you don't buy a drain preparation that only contains 'some' caustic soda you'll be ok = ie. you need it to be pure CS.

BB biz have a wholesale trade site allied to their hobby one now.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:56 pm »
Thanks, Plums. When we get back from holiday, I'll get in touch with you. I'm going to have to make some now aren't I?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 08:46:53 am »
YES!!  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »
 ;D ;D :thumbsup:

I'm getting an ice cream maker as well.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 08:39:14 am »
I bought a yoghurt maker and we use that sometimes - Ice cream I make by hand and just stir it a few time while in the freezer  :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:00 pm »
I tried that but I always forget and it goes rock hard so I need to defrost it before I can stir it.  :roflanim: I make yoghurt in a wide necked thermos flask even though I had a yoghurt maker.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS