Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: got to give the lad a 2nd chance  (Read 6523 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
got to give the lad a 2nd chance
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
a few years ago..my stepson..went through that stage of experimenting... him and his mates were smoking dope
we found it hard to deal with.... as things where going missing...anyway..at the time his dad thought it might be better if the lad moved back with him....that was a hard decision for my helen to take...

anyway..the lad moved away and trained as a chef... :thumbsup:

he now , after 5 years want to come back... we have told him yes..but!!! we will be moving...
we have told him about the SH and he has come up with some great ideas...i have said to him, i would love for him to join us, so he could have a chance to start his own business, and at the same time , be a help to me.

i believe every one deserves a 2nd chance... so  :fc: it will work out

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: got to give the lad a 2nd chance
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:30 pm »
Good man.. Sounds like a good idea all round :thumbsup:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:10 pm »
I agree with second chances  :)  Really sounds good for all of you  :fc:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:21:44 pm »
I agree with second chances  :)  Really sounds good for all of you  :fc:

Me too  :thumbsup:

zoe_emma

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:22:38 pm »
Sounds like a great option for all of you  :fc:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »
And me, good luck.  He's lucky to have a loving family.  :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »
and people can grow up hugely in 5 years so he might be a revelation and a real asset - hope so  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:24 pm »
Everyone deserves a second chance  :thumbsup:
Anne

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
    • Homes4Hens Glasgow Collection Point
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:29 pm »
Not many people go through life without making mistakes so yes I agree everyone deserves a second chance.
This lad sounds as though he has learned from his mistakes and moved on. The fact that he wants to return home to you shows that he was happy living with yo both . It was lovely to read about a story with a happy ending ..all the very best wishes to all of you.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:55:36 pm »
A lot of young people go through that same experimental stage, most come out the other end with no major issues, just the odd one goes under, I have seen loads due to work in drug and alcohol, smoking dope is incredibly wide spread and dispite what some may think, they can still function although it sounds like due to his stealing etc, things were getting out of hand. 
You pair as parents have given him the support he needed and thats whats helped, I think its great that he wants a go at SH, its not a second chance its a new begining!! :thumbsup:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »
John & Helen I hope it works out well for all of you .

15 yrs. ago My 17 & 1/2 yr. old  lad took a similar route after I threw him out for using crack etc. & bringing a dealer plus associates  into the home .

He seems to have survived long enough to get over it and become a charge hand in a factory but does not bother to reply to letters/ birthday cars / crimbo cards  / phone calls or emails .

PS you have a PM from me .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:14 pm »
Well done, John and Helen. You've obviously maintained a good relationship with him even when he wasn't living with you and yes, of course he and everyone else, deserves a second chance.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »
John & Helen I hope it works out well for all of you .

15 yrs. ago My 17 & 1/2 yr. old  lad took a similar route after I threw him out for using crack etc. & bringing a dealer plus associates  into the home .

He seems to have survived long enough to get over it and become a charge hand in a factory but does not bother to reply to letters/ birthday cars / crimbo cards  / phone calls or emails .

I didn,t go down the drug route when i was young, but did hold a massive grudge against my parents when they divorced... they both remarried new partners..who on both sides had kids.... my sister was put in a home..she has cerbal pausy and i use to trot between 3 homes, mums dads and nans... i use to pinch the odd bottle of beer or cider... but never really got into trouble...i then joined the army without telling anyone ...that caused a little panic when no one knew where i was...

after about 10 years .....i felt the need to make it up with them all..it wasn't easy, as i felt i never did nothing wrong
my step brothers and step sisters seemed to have been having a great life ....i didn't care about me..but was annoyed that my sister was being left out..

I'm 52 this year and when i look back..i am glad i managed to recoup some sort of relationship... my dad died in my arms..and i got to tell him i loved him before he went...even to this day, i get annoyed we didn't try harder.

i have lost mum now to alzheimers...she is alive ..but don't know who i am...she does recognise annie my sister..they take her to see mum once a week..maybe the wheelchair sparks something...

the lad will be home this weekend... so its a new start for all of us... life is a funny game..its far to short to hold grudges ...

keep sending the cards Cloddopper...one day he may realise...  :fc:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:15 pm »
what a great opportunity to give an enthusiatic chef - his own supply of free range produce - healthy micro meals delivered to your door perhaps?

good luck, i have it all to come yet... :D

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 10:06:29 pm »
what a great opportunity to give an enthusiatic chef - his own supply of free range produce - healthy micro meals delivered to your door perhaps?

good luck, i have it all to come yet... :D

yep!!! thats one thing that has crossed our minds...good roast dinners served in yorkshire puddings... maybe we could start a nationwide SH lunch  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS