Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thank you Singing Shearer  (Read 2564 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Thank you Singing Shearer
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:24 pm »
....for remaining so patient today and for doing such a great job on my small flock.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a shearer - the original 'sheep whisperer' - so calm and the sheep seem to do exactly as he asks of them. Gentle and thorough too.  well I say 'the sheep' ... I mean most of the sheep...there's always one, eh Philip?  :)   sorry about Mrs Awkward  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

earlybird

• Joined Jun 2012
Re: Thank you Singing Shearer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »
so pleased it went well plums, i have got him coming tomorrow, cant wait :sheep:

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:25:16 pm »
We had the pleasure of meeting Phil and his family on Monday  :) .  Lovely people, excellent job done on our 80 odd flock.

Was funny to see the hard men (rams) cowering in the back of their pen when 'their' turn came.  They were very good, they had been loaded up at 7am, taken to the shearing shed and then waited all day until 4pm.

Thanks again Phil, see you next year  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:18:07 pm »
They are lovely, aren't they? and even when one of my sheep played up, everyone was so calm and patient. My daughters were saying what a lovely man the shearer is and how nicely he talks to the sheep. It was a valuable lesson for them yesterday seeing animal handling at its very best  :thumbsup:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

earlybird

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:42 pm »
phillip and family came this afternoon, absolutley wonderfull, so gentle with them, even my ram was so calm like he was mesmorized, for someone so young he has a wonderfull way with the animals and was very reassuring about their aftercare, they are my first sheep so im a bit like a clucky hen with them, like plums cant recommend them enough and cant wait untill next year for a repeat performance :wave:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »
now does he actually sing? or is it a trading standards issue?  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 07:01:55 am »
If he was singing i didn't hear him over the noise of the ewes and lambs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS