Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Does anyone recommend these?  (Read 9870 times)

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Does anyone recommend these?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 12:45:21 pm »
Sorry for the delay, its not going to last forever but much easier than using the wheelbarrow like last year, I think the metal caged one might be more robust but the plastic one does for me.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »
Funny I was thinking I would rather have one than try to balance stuff in a wobbly wheel barrow.....I think the metal cage looks strong but i bet rustyme could make one!!!  The down side is I  bet they are very noisy!! :thumbsup:

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:56 pm »
I'm happy with it

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »
£100 including VAT = £80.... Less the sellers profit say 20% = £60... I can't see that lasting very long at all i'm afraid

its to replace a wheel barrow which cost £35 and tends to last 2 years. i think as you get older the hard labour takes its toll. iv had few strained shoulders and elbows over the last few years so just to pull something rather than lift seems like luxury  :roflanim:
one day il have a tractor.. :excited: :excited: and then moan i have to put fuel in it.   :roflanim:

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »
A small trailer for behind the car/Landrover would be more usefull.... There were loads at market on Wednesday from £10. I have several from 750kg to 3500kg capacity but i made mine myself

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 09:47:08 am »
A small trailer for behind the car/Landrover would be more usefull.... There were loads at market on Wednesday from £10. I have several from 750kg to 3500kg capacity but i made mine myself

really? thats actually what i want but thought they'd be alot more expensive. what sort of market was it? il have to hunt around here!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:33 am »
wow, a trailer that cheap? I would love to see....I keep thinking about getting a trailer but then you need the electrics ect, the next car I get I want a tow hook on....anyway, at the moment and for years, I still want a little pull along thing or a push along thing, it would also be handy for me when I get too stiff to walk, my husband could pull me along :innocent:

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »
Youngest was the first load to be pulled around in mine :excited:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 02:51:34 pm »
Youngest was the first load to be pulled around in mine :excited:
I am possibly quite a bit heavier than they are :innocent:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »
Just finnished assembeling ours, it looks good.......time will tell..good job the instructions were on Youtube as the ones I  got with it were in German!

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »
£100 including VAT = £80.... Less the sellers profit say 20% = £60... I can't see that lasting very long at all i'm afraid

Would you think it better quality if we priced it at £500 instead ?  :idea:
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08:57 pm »
TheGIrlsMum, which type did you get, we are on the verge of getting one, it would be so  handy for tons of stuff, mainly log shifting! I did think about adapting a push chair but I thought twice!
For log pulling I have used one of these for 2 years and it is just starting to fall apart http://www.amazon.co.uk/Progress-Multifunctional-OutDoors-Wheeled-Trolley/dp/B008JYMUW0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lp_1  can fit about 1 -2 days logs in it and I use it UP a very rough track - about a 10 min walk every day.  This year we have managed to buy a knackered quad (£400) though... :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:  and cable tied a load of baskets back and front.  Life changing. ;D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:32:33 pm »
That does not look big enough for big logs..but I like the look of it, we have something similar that I keep my veg in.....its tough as well....we came across a fault today, the truck will not go in the van/car with the logs and the dogs

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »

Would you think it better quality if we priced it at £500 instead ?  :idea:

no, dont do that til iv bought mine.  :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS