Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Itchy Goats  (Read 10230 times)

Rhiannon

• Joined Jun 2013
Re: Itchy Goats
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:56 am »
Thats brilliant! Thanks so much.

Cyberhell

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 06:41:36 pm »
My boys have been itchy too.  We set them up with Aubiose after they came from a straw bedded stall about a month ago so we wondered if they were just getting used to it.  The liquid spot on type stuff seemed to help about 2 weeks ago but in the last 2 days they've been itchy again and stomping their feet every so often like they're squishing ants under their hooves.  I've noticed dandruff today too in the area we put the liquid - could this be a reaction to the liquid or is dandruff connected with moulting?  They both have very thick fur.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »
If they have lice you should be able to spot the wee beasties when you part the coat. then spot-on as discussed above should do the trick, sometimes needs repeating as eggs hatch etc etc. Just tell the merchants that you need it for sheep/lambs, some are a bit edgy about selling stuff that is not licensed for goats. Otherwise your vet will have it too.

Check the back of their feet just above the heel and if the skin looks raw and scabby they have got heel (chorioptic) mange. Eprinex will deal with this, but you will need to get it via your vet. Maybe they can get you a single dose, otherwise it's quite expensive.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »
My boys have been scratching too, especially Toby Ive managed to give Billy a good brushing and since I did that , he hasn't been so bad, so Ill have to do Tobes tomorrow.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS