Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cold Shower  (Read 2608 times)

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
Cold Shower
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:01:52 am »
This is when you discover how little you know,

DH working away, he knows how to fix the boiler, I know its simple but that doesn't help, I know it needs topping up with water or something to increase the pressure but no idea how to do it.

Waiting for him to txt and tell me, until then wandering round in my dressing gown, oh and my daughter has decided to pick today to have problems with her seizures, which is why I wanted to get through the shower (while she was still in bed) in case things got to A&E level, (always get out of A&E quicker when you look like you know what your talking about, she sometimes needs more meds than we can give at home but junior doctor's like to play safe and keep you in overnight, which makes things worse).

Hey Ho, one of those days.

K

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: Cold Shower
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:11:32 am »
Oh no K, hope your daughter is ok and situation doesn't escalate to A & E.  It can be frustrating when OH knows how to do things and you don't but in our case its me who learnt all the techy stuff with heating when it was installed.  He hasn't a clue.   PM me if your OH doesn't get back to you in next 15 mins or so and I'll try to help.
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:19 am »
there must be a valve under/near the boiler connecting the cold water mains to the sealed boiler circuit, you open the valve watch the pressure gauge on the boiler till its somewhere you think looks good.

hope OH responds soon and is more specific to your boiler set up.

also hope little one is ok and doesn't need A&E today!!!

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:19:12 am »
Cold showers are supposed to be healthy... ;) I wash with cold water most days, not having a shower and being too stingy to have hot water every day of the week.

All the best for your daughter! :fc:

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 09:47:16 am »
Thanks all

I managed to get through on the phone (he had no signal when I first rang).

I knew it was simple but that didn't help (and I had asked him to show me last time it went, at least I know now).

I had just got dressed and found something to tie round my hair as well.

Daughter hasn't had another seizure for the last hour, but keeping her sat down just in case, she has been with me for the last 2 weeks and has had more fresh air and exercise than the last year, moving bricks, cleaning out and feeding sheep, raking grass/weeds and pushing round the wheelbarrow, I think I have warn her out, a day of rest is probably in order (only 1 day mind), she has colour in her cheeks, she is asking to do more work and we haven't had any of the usual strops and tantrum days (she has Lennox Gastaut Syndrome (epilepsy and learning difficulties)), in fact we have gone from 1 to 3 seizures a day to a few days without any, thats what I call the good life  :)

K

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:50:52 am »
So pleased everything is functional again.  Hope your girl continues seizure free.  :fc:   
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 09:58:49 am »

I had just got dressed and found something to tie round my hair as well.

Bailer twine, I hope?

Poor little mite, sounds like the fresh air is working wonders - let's hope she keeps on improving :)
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:41 am »
I hope your daughter continues to improve  :fc:
As for the boiler we had exactly the same problem in our old home. OH knew what to do but I was baffled until I got him to write it down and we stuck the instructions to the boiler.  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:19:18 pm »
My son is more prone to seizures if he gets over tired. Doesn't stop him burning the candle at both ends though.  ;D

I haven't a clue how to get my boiler going if it stopped. we have a contract with British Gas and they're pretty quick at coming out.

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:20 pm »
Well lesson learned,  I now know how to sort the boiler  ;D

Daughter suffering with background seizures (lights out no-one-in), over tired so carn't sleep so increases seizure activity.  Told her she needs to get a good nights sleep as its good weather forecast for tomorrow and loads to do and the sheep are missing her, getting her back outside will do the trick, physical exercise = sleep = hunger = healthy.

MGof M - sorry your son suffers from this as well, its so chuffin unfair. makes us stronger though  :hug:

K

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:56:14 pm »
Bless her..and you... lets hope the fresh air improves the condition... i get asthma..yet when out in the fresh air...i simply don't suffer..

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS