Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Damn sheep!  (Read 1948 times)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
Damn sheep!
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:16:21 am »
Grr why do sheep have to choose the most inconvenient times to be a nuisance, I've been unwell  :tired: :unwell: for the best part of a week & what does one do - goes & falls in the river so I have to go in waist high trying to run whilst been unwell after it & drag it out - that'll do my chest a load of good - NOT! x

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Damn sheep!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:51:35 pm »
I can relate to that!

4 of ours have escaped by jumping the fence into next doors field  and I need 2 people to help me herd them round to the road so we can get them back so it will have to wait for the weekend. Luckily understanding neighbours so a cake will square it up. :)

In the mean time having to keep our drive gate shut to stop our other neighbours sheep (who are also escape artists but return home) who keep getting up our drive and have pulled up my new strawberries 3 times now! Getting a little bored of planting them! and today they ate my cabbage seedlings. :(

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »
I think I'll stick to goats.  :goat:

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:23:45 pm »
It's soo Ironic "Mad goatwoman of madeley" I was talking to goat breeders at the royal welsh smallholders show on sunday saying how I preferred sheep to goats but their more trouble & goats are more character after owning both - no longer any goats though "Sighs - maybe in the future".

But the other week we had 2 orphan lambs tearing around the veg garden eating sappling & trampling freshly rotavated soil that was done the day before, we did some more yesterday & 1 of the cats decided to roll around on it & us it as a litter box & 1 of the dogs was kicking a football on it - animals!

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:09 pm »
Yeah - but think of all the money you are saving by not having to pay for entertainment - and the gym!

Hope you are feeling ok, btw, after your cold bath.

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 10:38:33 pm »
 :innocent: got to love em!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:36:56 am »
no idea but our sheep would use our pig sty when they were temporarily in that paddock. also we built a huge pigsty that was almost 5ft high, and our cattle would squeeze into it too if they got the chance. if you build it, they will come...lol.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 08:34:46 am »
I think I'll stick to goats.  :goat:
You are so right MGM. If my boys escape anywhere, I just have to call out "Home for biscuits" to them and they are back before you can say Jack Robinson!! I don't know if all goats are like this or whether Ive managed to train them well. Most of the time, they only have to see me and will stop what they're doing  and run up to me.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »
 :roflanim: Food is a great incentive for labradors and goats. I sometimes think mine are a cross between teh two.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS