Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Need to find a home for my pygmy goats :(  (Read 6574 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Need to find a home for my pygmy goats :(
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »
 :thumbsup:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »
And they fly, what more could you want
I need a sticking-my-tongue-out-at-you icon  :D

We are winning, baby steps but they've only just made four days, so I think they're doing very well. They don't instantly leap onto the ledges when I appear now, they can cope with a bit of a stroke and they tentatively come towards me now if I sit very still.

Mum and Dad came round and admired them today and they ate sultanas from mum's hand, so she thinks they've very good boys indeed  :)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:21 pm »
They don't instantly leap onto the ledges when I appear now

ha ha, reminds me of when i first got my goats, they used to climb the walls and cry. now they are fine.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »
Little Eric, who is by far the most nervous of the two boys, has just stood for voluntary stroking  ;D For ages  ;D And came up and sniffed my face and hair   ;D He has made so much progress, I am so impressed by him, brave little man :thumbsup:

And little Frank, who has been cuddling for a couple of weeks now, so now he does 'me, me, stop making so much fuss of Eric'  :D

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »
They sound absolutely wonderful JK - even as my older goats get older and kids grow up they have such individual characters it's impossible not to love hem all for one reason or another, even the naughty ones!!

Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:20 am »
Well you know what, they might not be 'serious' little goaties in the goat world but they are just great and you sound like you are having lots of lovely moments Jaykay, lucky you and very lucky them  :thumbsup:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 10:15:02 am »
And they fly, what more could you want
I need a sticking-my-tongue-out-at-you icon  :D

It's here  :P  ,  ;)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:54 am »
They look so cute and I am sure will soon be very people friendly.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS