Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Having a really terrible evening!  (Read 15700 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Having a really terrible evening!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 08:32:08 am »
Going to Marie this morning so feel better that at least I can talk to someone who might listen. The gendarmes were not particularly interested.

Re the size of the sheep. I feel a little foolish now after reading what the wooleysheppard is saying. This is our first time with the sheep and Norman is the right size and larger than the two that are missing.  The remaining two must be crosses due to there size - they are much fuller that Norm, but not taller. The girls were really tiny and dainty. I am happy with the ones here who are real charachters, but will get some more later on when we are living there and can be with them 24/7.

I have some reserved with Kanisha for the end of the spring, so can be assured of breed standard from her.

Thanks again everyone

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

jakers

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 05:52:49 pm »
Sorry to hear your news, were your girls tagged??  Just incase someone gets offerd them for sale.  I know they could be retagged but it might be something that the thief does not think about.

Good luck with it anyway.

We just had our girls tested for Brucellosis sorry for the spelling, they all got the all clear and then we got the bill for the tests.

Good to know the girls are clear though.

sallyw

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Buckinghamshire
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 01:17:14 pm »
Kate - really sorry to hear your news, beggars belief. Word of mouth is the best way to find out what happened. Why people do this who knows but so thoughtless and unkind - to you and the animals. Hoping so much that some miracle occurs for you... big hug

Sal

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
A miniature Shetland pony was stolen out of a field near us a few weeks ago. I don't know if she's ever turned up.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:06 pm »
A miniature Shetland pony was stolen out of a field near

I think it was in the news (tv) or the paper

Sorry about your ossent (spelling)  hope you get it sorted soon

Linz

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 08:01:23 pm »
Any news Kate?........been thinking of you, must be horrid, a friend of mine had her pet goat stolen several years ago and it was very traumatic!

Glad you are getting some from Kanisha....she has some lovely sheep! Just a thought.....is there anywhere you can put up a sign saying in French and Englis 'these premesis are protected by cctv'? I know they probably aren't but just might make a theif think twice!

Val

www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 12:07:18 am »
No news at all I am afraid.  We arrived at the Maries offices to find that they had changed their opening days to Thursday am instead of Friday am (they have just had elections and we see the posting for the change).

If that wasn't bad enough we are still waiting for the tags which is a bit late now - we have them for the pigs, and sent off the paperwork for what seems ages ago for the sheep and still waiting. It is a total disaster!

We are talking now about getting CCT cameras installed as the pigs start to go down there to join the three remaining sheep. It will be around May before everything is moved down so I guess we will living in two properties for a while to ensure that everything is safe. With around 100 pigs, 18 goats and assorted geese duck and chooks to move and make new housing for each it is going to take a while.

Thank you again for all your kind words of support. I live in hope but realise that the chances of finding them gets less and less each day so just have to hope they are being looked after and cared for like we did.

I would like to say learn a lesson from my mistake, but in the end I think it has just been terrible luck - we had to start the move with something and they were it, so I just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Kate

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 07:25:28 am »
As WoolySheperherd says, a sign wrning of cctc would be a deterent and you could even put up dummy cameras to start with, until you got the real thing sorted. :(
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 06:22:03 pm »
I think dummy cameras might be illegal - we ceratinly can't put them round our schools because it lulls people into a false sense of security apparently.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 09:19:18 pm »
We wondered that Rosemary - I think we will be looking into the real thing, just for our own piece of mind.  Just need to price things up and see what is available really and go from there.

Kate

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24:16 pm »
Are they illegal in England too ???
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

rustyme

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 09:39:35 pm »
I don't think they are illegal , but you can get into trouble if real , or , dummy cameras are pointed at other peoples property ie house/window/drive etc. Infringement of civil rights and all that . Funny thing that .. the government can put them up anywhere for any reason ... but not private individuals !!!! even to protect their own property...
        You can get wireless cctv setups now ..even 12 volt ones . Some record to video, others to pc type hard drive units. You pays your money and you takes your choice.....You should be able to get set up for 150 pounds though ......(rough guess off the top of my head) . I will have a look round see what I can find. Don't hold your breath though ...lol  ;D

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS