Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Royal Show  (Read 1942 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
The Royal Show
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:15 pm »
I went to the Royal Show last Friday and loved it although I was suprised how few people were there.  All the livestock people we talked to were fantastically friendly.

Did any other TAS people go?  I wore my badge, but then forgot to badge spot whilst I was there!

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: The Royal Show
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:01 pm »
We had planned to go but, as usual, something came along demanding attention. This time it was the sheep shower, the guy appeared with it so we had to do all the animals within 2 days or wait in line for it again.

I really wanted to go see!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:56:10 pm »
I wanted to go Friday as it was the Dales pony classes which I wanted to see.  Could not get the day off work, so perusaded OH to get the day off on Thursday, and we set off. Got to the M42 to find big tailbacks as there was a big accident under a bridge.......had to turn back.  I was really fed up after travelling all that way, but by the time we got through the traffic, it would have not been worth going.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:08:34 pm »
If its any consolation a Fell won the M&M group!  Sorry to hear you had such a nightmare!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS