Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: income generating advice  (Read 7421 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: income generating advice
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
As far as i am aware you can have 6 units for camping caravanning on your land without having to apply for planning permission from your local gestapo (council).  you could just ensure they have a nice quiet area, preferably flat, a stand pipe for water.  the small animal stuff could be at the other end.

It's five touring caravans/motor caravans and unlimited tents. All you need to offer is fresh drinking water and a chemical toilet disposal point althoughelectric hook-up is almost essential these days and showers and toilets are useful if you have campers. One site my OH and I used several times had two garden sheds. One was the toilet and one had  waterproof flooring and was a wet-room. It was all very basic but one of the reasons we returned was because the owners always came out to offer help with setting up, particularly the awning.

Whereabouts are you, Orinoco? We're always on the look out for somewhere nice to stay.

Another favourite site had

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »
Hi 

We are in East Riding of Yorkshire a mile from the beach.

Got our first sheep today Ouessants and we have 50 carp comming tomorrow, holiday lets are still a little way off but fresh water taps are numerous, chemical toilet disposal I think can be set up firly quickly if we pick the right place.  We have been looking into hireing a shower/toilet block for the summer but seems cheaper to build our own (time though becomes the problem).  We are going to look at some Arctic Cabins next weekend to go down by the pond (they are sooo cute - little hobbit houses).

I am soo excited about what we can achieve but need to remember the time and money problem

K

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 08:47:48 am »
enjoying this thread - good luck!  We have had some lovely campers via camp in my garden http://campinmygarden.com/campsites/253 They use our facilities, so its counted as ancilliary to house...no pp required etc.  sounds lilke a lovely location you have and lots of scope for income!

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:41:01 pm »
Hi

Not heard of camp in my garden before sound interesting wouldn't mind finding out more and another's experience of doing it. 

K

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS