Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I need Egg Recipes for LOTS of eggs  (Read 17436 times)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: I need Egg Recipes for LOTS of eggs
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:04 pm »
This is the recipe I used for ice cream

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/04/tonka-bean-ice-cream-with-scotch-caramel-swirl-recipe.html

It's quite swanky, but I made it plain, just with the tonka bean flavouring and then I made it replacing the tonka with a vanilla Pod.  Delicious!

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 04:24:18 pm »
Custard.
6 (or better 10) yolks to a pint of cream (or milk if you really have to).

If you are anything like me you will overcook it necessitating another attempt, and another, and another.  Soon you will have used 5 dozen eggs trying to perfect it and have a serious cholesterol problem (because you used cream and had to eat the practice attempts yourself to prevent anything going to waste)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 08:03:03 am »
another one or tortilla. I make a large frying pan's worth on a Friday night and it's nibbled on through the weekend. Can use as much as a dozen eggs. I also top up the dogs food with a raw  egg.

The problem with making custard is....... you have to eat it with a pudding. Yet more calories. Any low - cal recipes with eggs?
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 12:47:41 pm »
I've posted a recipe for gooseberry curd  :yum:  if you have the berries, and want  a change from lemon curd.  Uses 4 eggs - a drop in the ocean I know.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:47:01 pm »
You do NOT have to eat custard with a pudding. I can eat a bowl (or two) of custard on its own with no difficulty.  And hot custard with ice cream is  :yum: :yum: :yum:

I have a recipe for minted meringue ice which is a lovely, light frozen dessert using several egg whites and milk. I'll copy out the recipe if you are interested. Egg yolks are good added to mashed potato. I ofter use them up in scrambled eggs - one whole egg to two egg yolks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS