Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hay wanted - Fife  (Read 1940 times)

Redtiftaf

• Joined Nov 2011
Hay wanted - Fife
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
Hi, I realise that many people are in the same situation as I find myself but I am deperately trying to track down hay bales suitable for horses, the joys of a long winter and grass taking forever to come through.  I am locate within travelling distance of the forth road bridge and although would prefer small bale I do have transport to uplift large bale hay.  Any advice on where to track some down would be appreciated.  Thank you :fc:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Hay wanted - Fife
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:48 am »
Have you tried Collessie Feeds?

Redtiftaf

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:06 am »
Thank you, tried them yesterday and they still have some at the moment. Problem solved for now  :excited: .  Also have the potential for someone local to provide me with big bale hay - fingers crossed :fc:

loopylou

• Joined Feb 2013
  • East Lothian
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:48:15 pm »
It has been a nightmare this year.  We are totally out as well, there is not much hay spare in east lothian and I have stupidly decided to get a pony and another horse to go with the one that already have.  Fingers crossed for good weather this year and buy as much hay as you can store for this winter as we can never tell what will happen.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »
My sister sells hay for horses in Fife. PM me if you need any more.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS