Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SCH grass care system  (Read 2221 times)

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
SCH grass care system
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:49 am »
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone had any experience of the SCH grass care system??
http://www.schsupplies.co.uk/category/1219mm-48-grass-care-system.
We haven't had our smallholding long so haven't accumulated the 'kit' needed for paddock maintenance (we do have a small set of harrows) so was wondering whether this system might be an option for us. Our land
We have a compact tractor and some of our land is steep and has narrow gateways so I was thinking this might be a really good idea.....
Any experience or opinions welcome. :)
Thanks
H

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: SCH grass care system
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:57 am »
I havent seen it before but they look quite useful kit to me!! thankyou for posting the link! do you know if they have a tow hitch or operate off a normal tractor 3 point linkage?

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:27:17 am »
Hi, they do both a towable and mounted (3 point linkage )version.
I've found a review from Hortciulture Week in 2009 which was positive (but mainly focussed on turf care) I can't find any for sale second hand.....maybe thats a good sign!!

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35:19 am »
I had a walk behind/towable garden sprayer from them.  It was expensive but well made.  They rushed it too me, which was good, but there was a loose wire, which was not so good, but they sent me a new one as a replacement and it was quite quickly done, so I shall deffo use them again.
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS