Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Small holding visit for my grandchildren (and me)  (Read 12504 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Small holding visit for my grandchildren (and me)
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:25:50 am »
Hi, money is tight and my grandchildren are over from Australia, I am planning some normal tourist stuff but they love animals, I do too, so wondered if I could make an little visit next week, to anyone with not much land but a few animals, goats, lambs, horses etc or whatever......I already am sorting out a trip to our local animal rescue so hope that we can have an animal day rather than a shopping one, not too far from Clackmannan. They are ages 9 and 12 so not naughty little girls, cannot say the same for their granny though :innocent:
My daughters do so much for me  :love:

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: Small holding visit for my grandchildren (and me)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:44:17 am »
I hope you find someone local you can visit.

I've had a few people's children and grandchildren visiting the last week.
I look after one of the grandma's dogs and have gone done in the email diary back to mum as Amber-dog's auntie Debbie.  The visit was 'cool' and 'epic'.from 8 and 6 year old boys that's high praise. ;D
It's been fun showing them how to bottle feed goat kids and watching chicks hatch.  Might be a while before I get grandchildren so have to make the most of other people's.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:01:11 am »
I tried to PM you but you have blocked me for some reason -

I'm sure Rosemary and Dan would love to see you if you feel like a drive up to Carnoustie.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:01:50 am »
shame you aren't closer. I would have been happy for you to bring them to me
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Happy to have you visit here, Sandy, if it's not too far - cows, lambs, hens, chicks, ponies and a beach not far away  ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:59:46 am »
Happy to have you visit here, Sandy, if it's not too far - cows, lambs, hens, chicks, ponies and a beach not far away  ;D

Oooo, Can I come?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:49:00 pm »
I shall let people know when my daughter arrives again as she does tend to have an itinerary!! ::)

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:24 pm »
And pigs (after next week)  ;)

You're all welcome to come here too Sandy, but we've only got a pony, 2 coo's and (ahem  :innocent:) a few piggies  :D ::) But we're a wee bit further away I think (postode is ML11 0HL if you want to check)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »

Oooo, Can I come?

'Course you can  ;D Actually, we're hosting a Smallholding Stroll for Central Scotland Smallholders Association on Saturday 11th May - I'm sure there won't be that many CSSA members that you couldn't come along too. Just check with doganjo that it's OK as she's on the committee.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 03:04:19 pm »
Rosemary, I just wish I could. Unfortunately I am too far away  :(

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »
Did not know I had blocked anyone on here, not sure that I even know how to do it either!! anyway, hope we get some sun :sunshine: and its not all grey and rain when they visit! :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »
Did not know I had blocked anyone on here, not sure that I even know how to do it either!! anyway, hope we get some sun :sunshine: and its not all grey and rain when they visit! :thumbsup:
Well that's what I got when I tried to send you a message. - anyway, it doesn't matter, everyone is welcome to join Central Scotland Smallholders visit to Dan & Rosemary's farm on Saturday 11th May, (Just let me or Rosemary know if you're coming so we can send directions if you haven't been before) and I'm sure Rosemary will tell us what time we are expected, what to wear and whether she has anything to sell while we are there  :excited:
Our website is down just now but as soon as Carol has it sorted all the events planned will be on there - always looking for new members too £10 per person.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »
Sandy you'd be welcome to visit here if you wanted too. Beside Bonkle, near Wishaw

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 04:46:23 pm »
Hi Sandy,
I'm near Dunfermline if you want to pop over? We have a few sheep (no lambs this year) chickens, 2 ducks, rabbits and guinea pigs. It's not terribly exciting, but you're very welcome. Cuppa provided!
 :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 08:30:37 pm »
I'm afraid I'm a bit too far away whic is a shame.  My girls love having visitors and so do I.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS