Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Morning  (Read 4856 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Morning
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:53:38 am »
Hope you are all well... I am in agony..last week i went to the dentist with what i would now call mild tooth ache..she pulled one of the big ones at the back (Top set) Jeeeeeze. have i been in agony since.. :-J Helen has been keeping on about going back to the dentist as i may have an infection... my cure is to rub clove oil or orajel into the gums..(its a man thing)

anyway..i am going back today at 11.35 gawd i hate needles  :innocent: but at this point i don't care anymore, they can pull the lot out..and why does it hurt so much when that cold air hits it..... grrrrr

I sound like a big wimp  :eyelashes:

Rant over....
john

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: Morning
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:21:08 am »
I have gas & air before, during & after the needles. Worst part is that even when I've had the needles I still panic so much I have been known to feint, I also close my eyes so tight it hurts and hold my breath as long as I can when they're in my mouth, I have also bitten a dentist.
My dentist thinks its hilarious, a simple check up can take three quarters of an hour, a filling more like two, and yes I go privately.
I hate the dentists

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:16 am »
I havn,t had tooth ache for over 20 years.. so i am in the hands of the gods.... the pain is out weighing the hatred of seeing the dentist  :roflanim:

still not looking forward to the visit though

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:06 am »
It'll be worth it! Tooth pain is so debilitating and if you've got an infection it ain't gonna sort itself.  :-\

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:34 am »
I went to the dentist last Friday for a check up, I had also been having problems with bleeding gums which i told the dentist about. I quit smoking Jan last year and the dentist said that below my gum line was full of tar and other gunk from 15 years of smoking. She had to scrape it out, it was awful, Ive had teeth pulled before but this was agony! I'm so glad I quit smoking, at least I know I'm no longer adding to the build up and making things worse!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:25 am »
Best to go regularly if you can then it ain't so bad.  I was scared of dentists too from when I was 11 and had a bad fright, but I almost enjoy going now just so I can look at Mark  :innocent:- he's real eye candy  :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tala Orchard

• Joined Nov 2012
  • North Cornwall
    • Tala Orchard
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:43:15 am »
Haven't seen a dentist since 1992 can't abide them they seem to relish inflicting pain, solved the whole problem in one go had them all out never had any problem since, and can still bite into fresh apples and crusty bread with no prob and do not glue them in or take them out at night.

Before went for regular check ups each year however between visits back in 1991/92 my gums receded so much the teeth practically fell out on their own accord, was nto caused by infection just gum shrinkage that was the year I stopped smoking 40 aday.

Pigs are human tooo

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:46:34 am »
I used to be really scared too, to the extent that I would wriggle so far down in the chair that the dentist couldn't reach my teeth.  I was terrified of every single thing that happened, like drills and tightening those clamp things for molar fillings, not to mention the injections.

I decided my fears were pretty unnecessary but were due to not understanding what was being done, so I got a job as a Dental Surgery Assistant ie the 'nurse' who hands bits and pieces to the dentist and cleans everything up in the surgery.  It meant that for the 18 months I worked there (for my own dentist) I learned a huge amount about what's going on in the mouth and during treatment.  It also meant that I couldn't possibly be such a wimp in front of my employer, especially as she did my teeth for free in our lunch break.

For me, my way around the fear was to face it head on.  Understanding each step of the process has meant my fear has gone and I have even had small fillings done without an injection  :bow:

I hope your dentist can get on top of the problem for you John and cure the pain - dental pain is awful as it's right in your head and you can't get away from it.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 05:49:28 pm »
I have problems with my gums and have a few wobbly teeth so I go every 3 months for a check up and clean . I usually come out looking as if I have been butchered but he assures me that it needs to be done.
Anne

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »
well she did two fillings, one was on my front tooth that i cracked many years ago on a kebab  :innocent:
that tooth was filled 3 times, and they fell out after a month..also, that dentist was awful...
today she did a great job.. some of the pain has gone ..still need two teeth taking out..but she has booked a 1/2 hour slot for that next monday... i must admit, she is very good..i didn't feel a thing,

its a bit strange not seeing the gap anymore  :excited:
i guess ile just have to put up with the ache until next week...that clove oil tastes like petrol , but it works

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:54 pm »
Try Bonjela
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 06:16:57 am »
One of the best things I discovered by accident for relief of toothache was a bread poltice, instant comfort, Just pull the middle out of a white loaf and pack it between the offending tooth and cheek , try and get it clamped between top and bottom sets where the pain is , without biting through , this will ease the pain like magic. I don't know why but it just does.  :thumbsup:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:32 am »
How are things today John? Did you manage to get some sleep?

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:40 am »
Hope you aren't in too much pain.  Tooth ache is really horrible.

Going to remember the bread trick Tizaala!

Helen

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 09:19:10 pm »
Best to go regularly if you can then it ain't so bad.  I was scared of dentists too from when I was 11 and had a bad fright, but I almost enjoy going now just so I can look at Mark  :innocent: - he's real eye candy  :excited:

:roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS