Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Seeds done...  (Read 5075 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Seeds done...
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »
Just planted Peas beans chilli courgette tomato cucumber and okra seeds. No room in greenhouse so on window sill of the living room. Looking forward to tasting my "crop" already.

90driver

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Independent Land Rover Specialst
Re: Seeds done...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:27:20 am »
I did mine a week ago, I love seeing the shoots breaking through !

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:33:14 am »
I think I started a bit too early this year because I started a bit late last year but they have been doing well under lights on the window sill. Should probably do some beans.......
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:37:37 pm »
OH has been doing a grand job with the propagator  :thumbsup:
Currently we have aubergine, tomato, sweet pepper, squash, courgette and leek at various stages of seeding/hardening off in the polytunnel.
Oh and we've already had our first lot of asparagus - yum  :excited:  - the strawberry plants have got some flowers and the 1st early potatoes are looking very healthy

:wave:

cwmearl

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »
Just done our first few seeds as well today, fingers crossed!

Catweazle

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »
I planted mine on 8th March,  in the sun room.  Tomatoes ( 5 varieties ), field beans,  peas,  red cabbage,  chili and sweet peppers,  coriander,  lemon balm, celeriac, celery, butternut and Thelma Sanders squash are all doing nicely.

I put some toms,  beans and peas outside yesterday as we have no frost forecast for a while but the wind and rain has battered them a bit and the beans which were standing quite strongly inside are looking very wobbly and need sticks.  Peas are already supported as they are over 12" high,  tomatoes are quite stocky and will be under cover when I get a skin on the polytunnel.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »
I just planted peas, neaps, parsnips, caulis, tom thumbs and pansies - had to leave door of greenhouse open a  wee bit as it was roasting!  All I have to do now is remember to water them  :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »
Did my first batch of seed sowing at the end of march. 5 variety of courgette, 2 variety of summer squash, pumpkin, 11 variety of toms, 6 variety of strawberrys ( first one has stuck his little head up today :thumbsup: ) , runner & French beans, peas, beetroot, leeks, carrots, turnips, sweet pepper,15 variety of chilli, 8 variety of basil, 4 variety of mint ,lots of other herbs and a few edible flowers. Start second round of seed sowing next week. First lot are all doing very well at the moment  :fc: .

Now I've just read all that, I may have got a bit carried away :-J .

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »
Did my first lot last week Some in the poly and others on windowsills.
Lettuce, tomato cucumber, peppers sweet and chillie, courgettes, broccoli, cauli, cabbage, runner beans, sugarsnap peas and potted potatoes.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »
Did some of mine today, just courgette, cabbage, purple sprouting broccoli and lettuce so far. Potted up some herbs too, and got ready to put potatoes out, but think I will wait another week to actually put them out. Need to sow some more seeds, maybe will do that one evening this week. Not doing any beans/ peas this year as they didn't do well here.

Beth

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:33 am »
I made a start yesterday so trays all over the pollytunnel. I have over wintered young cabbage plants that I have grown from seed but its far too windy to even think of planting them out just now. Onions in and some spring onion seeds so hope they are ok this morning. Not going to bother with tomatoes this year. Do hope we get a decent summer.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 03:42:09 pm »
I've run out of windowsills!  Eek!   :D

lilfeeb

• Joined Feb 2013
  • Kinross-shire
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 02:04:12 pm »
I have tomatoes,courgettes, squash, pumpkins, chillis, aubergines, lettuce, beetroot, peas, french beans, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce started in the greenhouse so far but have run out of room. potatoes are planted out and onion and shallot sets. i have also sown beetroot, parsnips, radish and carrots outside. Have made a decent start, now just need to organise and make space for everything.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS