Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Still alive UPDATE NEW PHOTO  (Read 5655 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Re: Still alive UPDATE NEW PHOTO
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 06:06:34 pm »
Well done you and well done to the kiddies  :excited: :excited:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »
They are so cute!!  So pleased they are doing well.  Well done you for saving the little one :)

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »
Today they've learned to jump up on a haybale, yesterday they couldn't quite get there and kept falling backwards. I could goat watch all day if there weren't so many other things to do.
I sheared the doe yesterday so they're having one more day in for her to acclimatise and if the weathers alright tomorrow they'll be going out with the rest.  That's probably jinxed it and it'll pour all day.

Waiting for one of the dairy goats to kid now.  A ginger GG x angora, scanned for twins wonder what they'll turn out like.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 06:52:08 pm »
Today they've learned to jump up on a haybale, yesterday they couldn't quite get there and kept falling backwards. I could goat watch all day if there weren't so many other things to do.
I sheared the doe yesterday so they're having one more day in for her to acclimatise and if the weathers alright tomorrow they'll be going out with the rest.  That's probably jinxed it and it'll pour all day.

Waiting for one of the dairy goats to kid now.  A ginger GG x angora, scanned for twins wonder what they'll turn out like.
How did you get on shearing her. Did you manage to get the right combs in the end.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 06:25:38 am »
Hi kaz
I got one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sheep-Shears-Electric-Clipper-New-Design-Low-Vibration-/300889574305?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item460e6a8ba1

it seems to work alright.Just used the ordinary comb that came with it.My neighbour did them last September with his normal sheep shear comb. 
I found it tricky holding them turned to do underneath and their legs, they flop instead of sit ::)
Most I did with them standing.  Some were easier than others.
I nicked them a bit on their saggy bits unfortunately, but that's me not the shears.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »
Thats great.  We have a pair of electric shears, but OH just cannot hold them now, when they are upside down they just flop. We shear off their rears when we need to with them in a head collar. and heads with dagging shears. Shearers do them when they shear the sheep.
Lovely kids hope they do well.

Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »
Your little goat twins are lovely and well done for saving them. :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 11:40:01 pm »
They are sooooo sweet and well done, Debbie for saving them.  I'm sure they'll continue to thrive now.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS