Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Royal Show - anyone going?  (Read 1753 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Royal Show - anyone going?
« on: July 03, 2009, 11:41:50 pm »
I am a bit sad about this being the last Royal Show down at Stoneleigh.  It must be sad for a lot of people who have shown their livestock their over the years, or even just got down to enjoy the show as a spectator.

We have not entered any of our ponies - £38 for the pony classes and extra for the big qualifiers.  Stabling is expensive if you stay over, too.  Really wanted to see the Mouintain and Moorland classes on Friday, but will have to make do with one of the other days, due to work.  There is plenty to see, and I love going round all the stands, but will be restraining myself not to buy!!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
Re: Royal Show - anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:39:38 am »
I share your sadness...the end of an era and a sad indictment of the way farming is going these days...I'd love to be there at the end but unfortunately can't make the time...busy, busy, busy!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the occasion.

Regards, Farmer
 :farmer:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Royal Show - anyone going?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »
Thank you, Farmer!!

We don't go away on holidays, because we have so many animals, so things like the Royal Show are a big treat for us.  I started going to agricultural shows with my grandad who was a farmer, and can remember going every year from when I was 4 to one particular show - in those days the shows were proper days out for the farming community and everyone always used to meet up at this show - highlight of their year I think.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS