Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Police Dogs die in back of car  (Read 8637 times)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Police Dogs die in back of car
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 07:22:15 am »
Aye alright, culpable canine-cide

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:52:05 pm »
That's just entirely inaccurate. It's actually very difficult for the police or RSPCA to remove animals from private ownership, far too difficult.

Actually it isn't!

At EVERY summer Dog show in the country, the RSPCA have a presence and patrol the car parks. They can smash a car window if they think a dog is in distress, remove it, and the owner will be charged.

Just the other day a dog died in a car at a show and was unable to be saved as the car had been parked in full sun and the dog was not spotted in time.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 10:31:51 pm »
I am totally positive that if it was a member of the public that this happened to they would have been arrested and fined,banned from keeping animals and then named and shamed in every paper that had space to print it.
This still would not have been enough the poor dogs must have had a terrible end.  :'(
I know how I fell on a red hot day and that is when I am able to get to a drink whenever I want one AND not locked in the back of a car!!!.
Regards and best wishes to all animal lovers.
Joe

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 11:36:24 pm »
ive finally got myself a large crate/cage to shut the dogs in at shows (outside of course),
i hated leaving some of them at home
and i was afraid to bring them all with me cause
i would have to leave them in my van :(

GEM. X

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 06:24:05 pm »
It would appear that the police dog handler in charge of those dogs has actually been charged with causing "unneccesary suffering".

Well done to those who made that decision!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 06:43:37 pm »
Let's hope he is banned from keeping animals - then he would lose his job, if he hasn't already!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS